This Weekend...

schnipster

Tried not to say whitemens lol. If ppl did some research they would figure it out. Glad that creek closes end of sept or I don't think it would be much of a trout creek any more. Id come out with u guys this weekend but gotta wrk. Hopefully I can get some practice in b4 the NOV trip.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well its not a problem anyway....its all single barbless and 95% fly fishers there most of the time. There is plenty of more productive water for floaters to fish anyway....besides the river is so large that the fish has the advantage. Anyone who thinks they can head down and pluck out a bunch of fish is crazy...the grand only fishes well at certain flows, and unless you have put in time like some of us have finding the productive holes is a challange. Best thing they ever did was declare the exceptional water area.

I don't think the river would get over fished, I was talking about the creek. Anyways good luck out there this weekend guys. Post some pics

Its closed to fishing end of sept and posted everywhere....anyone who thinks of fishing there after it closes would get turned in instantly as its watched closely by many locals. Looks like this weekend is a wash....very high and choc milk....and more rain on the way.

ya dude headwaters usually, in my humble experience,seem to level out quick..the shores will be muddy but...the further down you go it seems to accelerate the water and carry alot of junk with it in the form of dirt--and certain rivers...shopping carts and missing persons...lol

i got into a few brookies and a few atlantics this weekend--buddy i was fishing with hooked into big...brown...and a few atlantics....i will tell you one thing--the atlantic stocking program --although a complete waste of money--is definetly filling this particular stream with tons of em...they were everywhere,

i got into a few brookies and a few atlantics this weekend--buddy i was fishing with hooked into big...brown...and a few atlantics....i will tell you one thing--the atlantic stocking program --although a complete waste of money--is definetly filling this particular stream with tons of em...they were everywhere,

This is great news. Sometimes restoration efforts can't be assessed on a cost/benefit basis. The Atlantic salmon is listed as a species of concern or threatened and in some parts of its range as endangered. Saving a species from extinction is worth the effort and expense.

they were small bro---brookie size...if ya know what i mean..and yes i agree spending the money but i dont know why so much emphasis is put on the altlantics---soon the chinooks will become a memroy at the rate they are being gutted...might wanna be proactive and start pumping them into the rivers..now.

Dave and Larry,

how was the weekend?? do tell. with pics if possible.,Larry i believe i found that water you spoke of---pristine none the less..not a soul around..gin clear loved it man

I lost my biggest steelie ever in the 12-15 lb range. Thick fish fought it for 10 mins before it broke me off at my swivel. Have a feeling my knot let go. I went 1-2 and my brother was 2-2 including a huge whistle trout.lol. not a lot of fish in yet where we were but they are sneaking in at the lower stretch of this ny trib.

On another note with atlantics....i seen a good 8-10 lb atlantic landed last season in another ny trib. I also hooked one in the lake this year about 4lb and landed a small one last year in the credit. Id love to see the atlantics take off...craa has done a lot of work on trying and lifts them at streetsville just not huge numbers...but they are starting to show up more and more.

goood stuff.. atleast you saw the fish you hooked...i got into a rainbow at an undisclosed location and lost it before i saw it..i know it as a rainbow as i was praccticing casting for a few hours...at somwhere i wish not to admit to....

Grand is starting to drop and get back to fish-able flows. May try my hand if the weather holds out.

That seems to be the problem that if part.....i would like to get out too.

Archived