Kayak Transducer Mount

Hendo

Hey guys , i am ready to purchase a fishfinder for my tarpon 120 and am tossing between the elite 5hdi and 688cihdi. I am pretty well set on wanting to do a scupper mount on the transducer but was informed the hd transducer will not fit for scupper mount. I want it to be able to sit flush in the small channel underneath or close to it so will not hit obstructions. Anyone know what model transducers will fit for scupper mount ?

Just wondering, why don't make DIY for transducer arm, and you can install beside your kayak, when you're in shallow water, you can take it out.

DI not really work good if you install in the hull, but still work.

Your tarpon can be work with lowrance, but when you used HB, the transducer to big, so will over your bottom hull.

Yeah that is what i was told and am now moost likely going to do a transducer arm out over the side thAn can flip up out of the way when needed. Thanks for the help guys

• 4 months later...

Not sure if this topic is still alive or not but I believe down imaging transducers can shoot through hull but the side imaging can not. They go through a fiberglass hull no problem when installed correctly so it should return an even better signal going through the plastic. Like mentioned before though the temp reading will be off. More so in warmer weather when the hull cavity is hot and stanky

• 2 months later...

Archived