Fly Rod Repair

Fonthill

I have wanted to try fly-fishing for a few years ,came across a deal on rod and reel which I jumped at.

The rod has a missing eyelet at the tip,does anyone have a suggestion where I can pick one up in niagara if possible?

Pretty sure you can pick up a replacement eye at canadian tire. It's part of a rod repair kit. If your able to yiu can strip off the remaining part of the eye and clue on the replacement eye. That seems like the easiest way to repair it.

the eyes a canadian tire , bass pro all have a plastic insert in them and are rather small in diameter where as the one on the fly rod was bigger and was just a metal ring , i was afraid the smaller diameter would effect the casting of the fly line . or am i making this to complicated.

Had the same problem. Used a repair Kit from Canadian tire and in it came two different sizes. I used the largest of the two and they had no inserts of plastic. Just steel. Built up the rod top to fit with some fly thread and a nib of glue stick. heat the glue stick with lighter after sizing your replacement eye.rub the melted glue onto the broken end and install your eye. Let cure and trim away any excess glue. I always have spare eyes in my tackle and it's saved the day at least twice. Didn't feel any adverse affects after repair.

Pretty simple repair, buy a tip and tip glue stick and like mentioned heat the glue stick and glue it on. Just have to get a tip that fits the blank.

Archived