5 Days Left

gunner-2

Hey Gunner-2. Good luck. I would love to try hunting doves. I just gotta do some research and put some miles on my boots to see where I can hunt em...Have fun.

I'm crazy excited. Actually found some decent steel shot for this year so I stocked up. I'll be out at sunrise thursday morning :) Just wish I had a better spot to hunt them!

Yeah I definitely see a lot more of them than I do anything else I hunt. I just couldn't seem to get them to come into my decoys last year and only managed to pick a few off from the trees.

I haven't found any flight paths yet but did manage to find a spot where they roost on the last night of the season last year. Not sure how habitual they are with their roosts but that's where I'll be when the sun comes up thursday :)

To all you guys huntin next weekend for goose or dove, have fun and be safe. I'll be having my twins 1st b-day party. So no huntin for me next weekend. HAHAhA! Have fun guys and let us know how you did. I'm excited for you. Knock em' down.

Who sells 7.5 steel around grimsby area?

Remember, when switching from lead to steel you usually want to go down 2 sizes. So doves are normally #7.5 lead, meaning you'd want about #5.5 steel. I don't think that size exists so that leaves you with #5 or #6 steel. Personally I used #6 all last season and it worked well.

No idea who has it in Grimsby. Checked both CDN Tire and TSC last year but neither had it.

And if anyone is looking for an extra man for goose hunting this weekend I'd love to join. Never hunted goose before so I'd love for a more experienced hunter to show me the ropes.

Archived