Goose/dove Eve

gunner-2

Well it's hear just wan't to say good luck to you guys getting out

tomorrow and be safe there are lots of geese and doves around

i was getting out tomorrow but have 3 bear rugs to do so it will have to

wait till next week when i have a small window to get out don't forget pics

GOOD LUCK GUYS :th_fudd:

No luck for me this morning :(

Was in my spot by 6am and waited and waited but not a dove flew by. Ended up packing up the decoys and chair and hiking around the area for an hour to scout it out. Saw a few ducks and startled a turkey off his roost, but never saw a dove. The closest I got was the sound of one cooing when I was getting out of my car at 5:45am.

Guess I'll have to try another spot after work tonight.

2 geese for me at first light on saturday. It was a pretty wet and quiet morning. If I had stayed out longer probably would have done better. They were starting to fly over the house as we were cleaning. lol. Go figure.

Would dove eating be a little costly with the price of ammo ? You need 10 for a meal . :th_fudd::P Same with woodco-k ...tiny little birdies . A pigeon would have more breast meat like a grouse . A pheasant is better yet ....and a nice plump juicy Tom would be top prize ! Waterfowl is all second on my list , a nice plump mallard was always our prize many years ago . My last 12 gauge was a Remington pump , nice little pee shooter .

Would dove eating be a little costly with the price of ammo ? You need 10 for a meal . :th_fudd::P Same with woodco-k ...tiny little birdies . A pigeon would have more breast meat like a grouse . A pheasant is better yet ....and a nice plump juicy Tom would be top prize ! Waterfowl is all second on my list , a nice plump mallard was always our prize many years ago . My last 12 gauge was a Remington pump , nice little pee shooter .

Ya it can get costly for sure but your daily limit is 15 that's not to bad for the shells i shoot it cost $15 so thats a $1 a bird as long as it don't take a box of shells to get them then you start to pay

as i do.But hunting is an expensive sport it can cost a guy plenty but you just do it and doves and woodcock are a hard target to hit but they both taste great and you are right about turkey

pheasant grouse The cadillac of game birds my favorite duck is teal or woodduck yum yum i shoot a Winchester pump it's an older gun now but it's as true as the day i bought it a long time ago

lol but it's light and i can carry it all day long

Archived