Everything Is Just Ducky

knightfisher

Buddy wanted to know where to catch carp on Gibson, so I took him to a spot to give it a go.

Tried a fews days at one spot and noticed this duck with a jig in it's mouth. We befriended it with

corn and tried to catch it. No luck the first day. Second day with the net set up and corn as bait

Joe caught it. I opened the bill and noticed the jig was in it's tongue. I got my snips and cut off the barbed end of the hook and then back out the jig. Released the duck who stuck around a while and went on it way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I caught a number of carp using drop shot technique, Joe caught a sucker.Posted ImagePosted Image

People are saving drowning squirles and saving ducks!! Awesome people on this site!

.The one percent don't speak for the rest of us who care for wildlife . If you want to kill a squirrel for the table , go for it . We are supposed to be at the top of the food chain and intellectually superior to animals .We can make the ultimate decision to let an animal-bird live or die .Thankfully , we have people who will go out of their way to save a drowning squirrel ,as posted here , or save a duck frozen in the ice or removing a hook from it's mouth .

Kudos to you Knightfisher .....you are a knight with shining pliers ! :worthy:

Samilar story to a loon I saved in Peterborough. Beached itself near my dock and I netted it, my gramps held her down and I snipped the line it was tangled in and cut the hook loose from her tounge and beak. Great to see these stories recently on nfn. Makes me proud to be a part of this community

I wonder if the picked up a lost discarded jig; or did an angler accidentally hook him? I've had birds grab my hook a few times but never hooked up thankfully. And a couple years back I remember Bruce nearly caught himself a goose!

Whichever it was, great job!

Most anglers who have fished for many years have probably had encounters with waterfowl . A gull flew into my line at Port in the midst of a cast from the wall . I was alone & reeled the gull in & tried desperately to unravel the braid from it's wing . It was trying to bite my hand and it was windy ....braid is awful stuff to unravel in the best of times !! I'm holding the bird with my left hand while trying to get my knife out of my belt holster and it is going nuts on me ! I was going to cut the line while my worm harness was still in the water about 50' away . I lost my grip on it and dropped the knife , tried to grab the crazy bird & the line just slipped off the wing and away it went . That scene would have made a great comedy scene ,and I was happy to spend another 10 minutes untangling my line .

Archived