Spey Clave

schnipster

the switch is a 10 ft 7 7 wt with a 360 grain skagit head on it..also have a scandi 425...or is it the other way around...anyway she shoots a rabbit like its on fire...13ft spey eh? you moving to benny hills hometown--thames? that a big stick man...gonna cast a country mile....

the switch is a 10 ft 7 7 wt with a 360 grain skagit head on it..also have a scandi 425...or is it the other way around...anyway she shoots a rabbit like its on fire...13ft spey eh? you moving to benny hills hometown--thames? that a big stick man...gonna cast a country mile....

My spey rod is a 14' 10 weight with a Skagit 650. That is a big gun.

Tyler, a switch rod is one that can be adapted for 2 hand or single-hand casting. They tend to be a bit shorter than the 2-handers and some of the techniques slightly different.

Hey boys. Quick question. Is there fishing at this event or no? Like can i fish...lol

Bring your gear....no fishing in that area. But you can get it the water and work on casting. No hooks just tie on a piece of yarn. Lots of in water demos by reputable pro certified casters. Very good event. Some fly tying demos all day in water clinics and demonstrations Free lunch, and a very nice raffle table you can buy tickets for draws. Its 2 day event...both days much the same. If your into fly fishing or like to get into it...then this is the place. Have questions....these guys will answer them for you. But yes, bring waders if you have them and try out new equipment in the water. All the demos take place in the water. Check the Grand river spey clave website for directions. Will be at the outfitters launch inside Brant park on the banks of the grand...guaranteed good time. Txt me when you get there...if anyone wants to meet up pm me for my cell number.Ruben....your a gear junkie, trust me its for you.

hahaha//the only problem i am having is that i need to fish--i want to mingle-i am scared to try new gear as i willl leave broke--but i also want to fish--i wonder if guys hit the water at some point and fish up or down stream...i dont know how long i can stare at your chiseled features before i may need an actuall hook on my line...lol

You can drive up the road and walk in from Whitemans as well. Whitemans is closed now but good places below. Never gone below wilks Tyler...have you fished there.

I've really only fished the dam. I've hiked down a couple time though. I'm guessing you guys need room to cast, so standing in the river is necessary. The section jus a lil ways down from the dam is deep n strong current. So I don't think that part is fishable for you. But if you have your hiking boots on Theres always a place to fish.

will there be gear for sale there or demo only? if for sale i will file chapter 11 now....lol and we are gonna fish some water sat afternoon hope you can join us.

There is no gear there for sale on the spot....its all there for you to see and try out. Im sure they reccomend you where to purchase...i could be wrong but ive never seen anything being sold at the clave other than raffle tickets. Check the website some nice prizes to be had if your name gets pulled. if you want to fish in the sfternoon...im ok with that. My lesson is 10:00 - 12:00.

You must have a 425g skagit and 325 skandi i would think. 13 Ft spey is perfect and if in tighter areas i can drop down to my switch rod. I have a 14ft gl3 loomis spey but its a 9/10 wt. Like something with a little less beef...i think you could tarpon fish with it. I will bring it and you can test it out...lol. what make model switch did you buy??

There is no gear there for sale on the spot....its all there for you to see and try out. Im sure they reccomend you where to purchase...i could be wrong but ive never seen anything being sold at the clave other than raffle tickets. Check the website some nice prizes to be had if your name gets pulled. if you want to fish in the sfternoon...im ok with that. My lesson is 10:00 - 12:00.

Bummer. I was hoping to hide some purchases in schnip's stuff, he'd never notice an extra rod or reel.....

i am leaving at 4ish--i will be fishing after the lunch break--i need steel..and i need it asap. Tom saldy you would never se those purchases again--maybe a vide with me standing over them as they are draped in a black bag---with directions where to send the money and how long you have left...lol HAHAHA--Tom you best be ready to fish brother i aint squeezing into my waders for photo ops only...

Good day today...as usual the wife showed me up...lol. Amazing how women pick it up just by slowing things down. Nice to meet Doug Swift today, as my wife pointed out tell him Doug...tell him...lol. We had a great time, and the collection they took for Randy Wilson wa first class...great bunch of true fisherman. Good Times !!!

Good day on Saturday. Boy had fun watching the fishing and now walks around waving a pool noodle in the air yelling 'fisin!'. Nice to meet you Schnip, next time we'll have to actually hit the water.

Archived