This Weekend

schnipster

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rotator cuff injuries are nasty. I was competing on the Can-Am martial arts circuit for a number of years, and I remember a stretch where I had about 4 tournaments in 6 weeks where I had to compete while unable to lift my left arm above my head.

Even if you can do something with the pain (2 x 400 mg Advil will work), you'll still have limited mobility. I'd say take it easy so you don't aggravate it. Advil will help with the pain and inflammation, but it won't keep you from injuring it further.

If you really have to get your line wet, try side-arm or other low-trajectory casts. An motion that takes your arm above the shoulder is going to be an issue.

glad its not my power arm for the two hander. its funny you should say that/ i also had several cuff injuries from some fights i did while living in thailand when i was younger- hurt like a mother but i was young and rebounded fast--bathed in tiger balm as well....but now as i get older and am cmpletelyout of shape every little thing feels like its the end of my mobility

Dont worry man...if you hook a fish just past me your rod and i will tangle with it for you. Lol

its funny you should say that/ i also had several cuff injuries from some fights i did while living in thailand when i was younger- hurt like a mother but i was young and rebounded fast--bathed in tiger balm as well.

Yup. Hyper-extend on a punch or put your shoulder and not your hip into it and you're done. Same with baseball pitches and overhead casts.

• 1 month later...

"Promise" hahaha...you want a promise?? Ok heres a promise. You hit spring valley trout farm and youll have a fish on before your fly hits the water...that i can promise..lol.

I still think we should all book rooms in the Falls one weekend and invade the lower river. Only problem is my stinkin' job: I never know more than 2-3 weeks in advance if I have a weekend off. Makes planning a challenge. A shame too because my 10 weight is just the big gun for that river.

I still think we should all book rooms in the Falls one weekend and invade the lower river. Only problem is my stinkin' job: I never know more than 2-3 weeks in advance if I have a weekend off. Makes planning a challenge. A shame too because my 10 weight is just the big gun for that river.

Any time....im in. Got rid of my big gun...but im confident my new stick will do the job. Only problem is you have to grab a spot the day before...lol. lots of river though...seen places nobody fishes down there, just have to hike a bit.

this weekend..anyone?

I might give it a go Sunday in Niagara, but it would be bottom bouncing. Have a spare rod/reel for you if your interested? Id bring the spey rod as well.

Archived