How Low Will It Go ?

smerchly

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ....low & behold we have gas below a buck in St.Kitts at many gas pumps . ....too bad my van and pickup are both filled up ....They say the government is losing money on gas taxes (GST) , but they don't say we have more $$$ to spend on things that are taxed . They win either way .

http://www.ontariogasprices.com/st_catharines/index.aspx

Between our 2 trucks we only drive 5k per year ....van is 25 yrs.old with 108000 km......so I'm not saving as much a other drivers . I think you are in a minority Dave , not a lot of people able to invest these days . I wonder if the retail market is benefiting from lower fuel costs ....or trucking companies ? Will food costs come down etc ? Maybe retail will just jack up their prices as usual to keep "their" investors happy........It's a dog eat dog world out there .......

Still costs more for Diesel unfortunately Smerch. So the trucking companies are still getting hosed for a product that costs the refineries less to make than gas. Dave diversity is the name of the game. stay out of Europe, the US is the place to be with your money right now, their economy is shelacing ours. Keep some miners in Canada, they will benefit a lot from the weaker dollar,fuel costs and will rise once the world comes out of the winter blahs.

LT

Still costs more for Diesel unfortunately Smerch. So the trucking companies are still getting hosed for a product that costs the refineries less to make than gas. Dave diversity is the name of the game. stay out of Europe, the US is the place to be with your money right now, their economy is shelacing ours. Keep some miners in Canada, they will benefit a lot from the weaker dollar,fuel costs and will rise once the world comes out of the winter blahs.

LT

I'm retired already ,Smerch, so I'm not investing but living off investments. Lundtastic, I'm really in the market for high dividend stocks, they pay more than crappy GIC's, they are pretty stable , I really only take out some earnings at this point, 64 years old and not growth, I've learned over the years not to concern myself with the net worth in the short term. Changed my avatar to our new puppy, I think she is some kind of Vizsla mix. We got her at the SPCA back in August

LT

They tell us that diesel fuel costs more because homes use more during the winter and there are far more diesel rigs on the roads these days burning up more fuel and all the giant cargo ships that burn millions of liters of diesel to bring us our daily goods from the far side of the planet .....and all this justifies the higher costs of our bacon and eggs . I guess we should enjoy the low gas prices while we can .....

I'm retired already ,Smerch, so I'm not investing but living off investments. Lundtastic, I'm really in the market for high dividend stocks, they pay more than crappy GIC's, they are pretty stable , I really only take out some earnings at this point, 64 years old and not growth, I've learned over the years not to concern myself with the net worth in the short term. Changed my avatar to our new puppy, I think she is some kind of Vizsla mix. We got her at the SPCA back in August

Looks like Hungarian colours on that blanket! Our Vizsla came from Cdnvizsla on the board here. The dog is energetic and all Hungarian. We took him to Dave. M for obedience training. Test is tonight. Have fun with the puppy. Oh nor do I waste my hard earned dollars on GIC's. It's all mutual with good mixes. CI Harbor has slain things in the last 9 years. I don't play the stocks though, I don't have the time. Yeah I pay the management fees but hey someone has to do the work if I don't.

OK Diesel 1.15 by Brock U (Shell).

Cheers,

LT

• 2 weeks later...

I've been getting my gas close to home where they still serve the people ( 4th Ave.near Home Hardware , 3rd Louth St.) It's 95.0 today . My summer time gas stn. at Deseronto is 89/lt. ....only 6 cents lower instead of the usual 10 cents . More Christmas cheer $$$ for the upcoming :coldsmiley: season . :santa: CHEERS

...93.0 at XTR , 4th Ave ......(12/30/14) ....(going to fill up my weed whacker tomorrow)

A thought .....running a car on bottled water may cost more than gasoline ...... :read:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ....I was wrong .......I said we would never see gas go below a dollar again ! Well , it's now 89 cents and falling .......That can save me $40 on a tank of gas for my "tank" . .....Trouble is , I haven't used more than 5 gal . in the last month ...... :unsure::) ....but I bought more fishing gear ! B)

We have 1/2 million petro points and use them for another .10 cents off per L. Loving it..

Filled up today from empty $52.00. Last summer we were paying $84 bucks

It is bad now. Billions of dollars in projects in alberta are now on hold or cancelled.

looking at stock prices for all the oil companies today ... not much positive to read ... and lots more layoffs and terminations to come.

Hey welcome to the world economy. Big oil Canada has been punishing us because they sell on the world market. Now......too bad so sad. Who said the oil sands ever were cost effective to begin with. Saudi Arabia will do what all the big resource companies are doing right now. Weed out high cost producers and then raise the prices back up due to short supply.

We are just on the roller coster and hoping that it does not hit close to home. Fe Ore is doing the same thing right now.

LT

Ok ....I was wrong .......I said we would never see gas go below a dollar again ! Well , it's now 89 cents and falling .......That can save me $40 on a tank of gas for my "tank" . .....Trouble is , I haven't used more than 5 gal . in the last month ...... :unsure::) ....but I bought more fishing gear ! B)

I'll be happy when diesel is below a buck a litre. :deadhorse:

Yes...I suppose some win & some lose when gas prices drop . If consumers have a little extra cash to spend , the gov't. gets the HST on the goods we buy , plus it helps the economy in general by keeping more people working . Be wary of the government taking the opportunity to implement new carbon taxes as an "enhancement" to the ECO taxes we pay on many items .

It's only bad for the oil companies. Everyone else who needs fuel is now saving money. More money your pocket means more spending on other stuff.

far from the truth.

there are thousands of jobs on the line, plenty have been lost already. Most of them are contractor jobs and not oil company employee positions. But the job loss hurts all of canada since alberta doesnt have enough people to work all the jobs. Usually my flights back are filled with laughter and drunks. Last night was a very somber flight. Guys know their jobs are on the line and that each paycheck could be their last.

Archived