Indicator Fishing

schnipster

1- please share your indicator rig setup--leader, shot, float type? etc..

2-any ever do this with a mow tip attached?

i have never fished like this-always like to "read" the end of my line--i was stout against throwing a "bobber" on my fly line ...until saturday--only guy i saw hook up on a steel was on the fly----with an indicator rig---soo..indicator rig is now being added to my kit///

Its called buy yourself a float rod....hahahahahahaaa. Wait until we go to NY, that's all they do down there is float fish with a fly rod.

COME ON.....YOU CAN DO IT....SAY IT SLOWLY, BUY A FLOAT ROD.

you can still fish a fly under your float...hahahahah I figured out one thing so far about fly fishing....don't hang out with float guys, they make us look bad..hahahaha :wall::wall::wall:

i cannot spend a grand on a wheel --with line on iit electrical taped to a flag pole and catch shitloads of fish---thats just not how i operate...there is a reason why my cast is so graceful and awesome....i practice it alot...HAHAHAHAH

in NY when i hoook the first steel of the trip(ON THE SWING)--please remind yourself of your last post....HAHAH

• 3 weeks later...

anyone wantto suggest a good indicator line for an 8 wt singlle hander? as odd as it sounds i might be saying goodby to the spey world--too many variables on the swing losing interest in watching myself cast poorly....so indicator line on my 8 wt is something i need-anyone?

I would just take some of your egg yarn and try out these indicators:

http://globalflyfisher.com/fishbetter/indicators/

Simple, adjustable, make them the colour/size you want.

Excellent...seen lots of guys use that setup. Dark purple yarn works great when its light out. Btw schnip...i have tons of productive egg patterns. You dont need any weight really...1 small splitshot. Tie a bit of lead onto the hook shank then glo bugs. I used some orange ice dubbing that works amazing.

anyone wantto suggest a good indicator line for an 8 wt singlle hander? as odd as it sounds i might be saying goodby to the spey world--too many variables on the swing losing interest in watching myself cast poorly....so indicator line on my 8 wt is something i need-anyone?

Rio makes a really sweet double taper that I've been using. Great for roll casting and chucking heavy rigs. I wish I remember what it was called.

jury is still out on whether the DT roll casts better--i know with my 3 wt line the roll casts are better and land in the water far more delicately...but not sure with the bigger lines--my buddy saysthey arent different--he may be right--i am just not sure --again my only experience is with 3 wt and it does roll out much nicer--any opinions

Archived