Grand River, Kicking My Butt

iHasFish

Hey guys it's been a while since I've been on any forum. The grand kicked my butt this year also. I did manage a few nice fish out of there but it didn't help that i didn't fish for the whole month of November, around here anyways. I did get to fish for 2 days in BC though which was amazing just to even swing that water. No fish that trip but good for the soul...:-)

It has been a tough season for most people that can't get out all the time to figure them out. Last 4 outings have been all tugs and no hookups. Getting very frustrated since the season is ending so soon. Couple more days to go so i hope i can get out at least 1 more time to connect with one or this will be a long winter.:-P

Merry Christmas you guys

Craig

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear your pain. There isn't much good swinging water in the region.

During the winter I tend to go to the upper Niagara. Either the peace bridge or train bridge will produce if you can get deep enough.

Not sure I'd go tomorrow...she's ripping high right now at 2.7 on the graph. Way too high if you ask me. Needs to drop down to 2.4 at least to be fishable. Another day or 2 could be good again if it starts to drop hard.

Grand is a mess still....took a walk around there today with my son and it's way up still as well.

Archived