Grand River, Kicking My Butt

iHasFish

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
https://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?Sec=2&Sub1=6&Sub2=4 this site gives the flow data but nothing on clarity....flowing pretty high and dirty right now. Hope to catch it when it settles down.

i think i hate the grand river and all the snobby, standoffish fish it holds. and i will feel that way until i can actually hook one of the buggers. then i will deny i ever wrote this post...

Checked it yesterday. I've never seen it so high. I was planning on getting in at whitemans creek and hiking up to the grand but even the creek was too high to wade. Dangerous even. It'll be a long while till it clears. Frig.

Checked it yesterday. I've never seen it so high. I was planning on getting in at whitemans creek and hiking up to the grand but even the creek was too high to wade. Dangerous even. It'll be a long while till it clears. Frig.

Is the fishing at whitemans creek not closed for the season???

https://www.grandriver.ca/index/document.cfm?Sec=2&Sub1=6&Sub2=4 Can anyone make sense of the flow chart?? I dont get why everywhere else has dropped...not to ideal, but non the less dropped but Brantford is still running at 350. Thats too high to fish for sure. Must have been flooded out into the trees.

• 2 weeks later...

Dec 31st its closed for trout. You can fish, just not trout...i dont think walleye like roe bags...lol.

Good points Roebag. We should all educate ourselves to the waters we intend to fish. Putting something back into that fishery is also just as important. There is plenty of put and take fisheries and the Grand is not one of them, hence the single barbless no live bait catch and release section between Paris / Brant . Brantford just reopened its chapter of trout unlimited to be the voice of the grand river and its exceptional waters. I immediately involved myself with this group of dedicated people. We do numerous initiatives to improve the creeks and streams supporting the wild reproduction. Anyone who is interested can google trout unlimited Brantford chapter or can contact me and i will put you in touch. Most of us here that fish the grand are catch and release....but having said that, anyone who is fishing within the regulations spelled out for that body of water is nothing wrong. I will not condem anyone taking fish home that fish within the law set down. Some people should involve themselves for a better understanding....cleaning creeks and shorelines is not easy work, but its rewarding knowing that your at least giving something back. Talk is cheap....sign yourself up and get out and help with the workload. You will feel good about it....youl make some great friends...and youll get some great education. Too me thats what i love about fishing...every day there is something new to learn.

Archived