Sinking Line

schnipster

ok so i decide that i want to use a full heavy sinking line on my 8wt flystick for deep fish out of the canoe- i have a rod for topwater and subsurface so this one is dedicated to deeep..that said i buy the line-rio lake something--full sink--it looks like a thin headphone wire a mile long and is pretty heavy...well...here is why i am writing this--NEVER EVER EVER open that spool and remove both twist ties in order to spool it on your reel- i sent exactly 3 hours into never-get-my-time-back land trying to undo the knots --and when one knot was undone another formed-the only thing i did not do was perform an exorcism on this line-it is rubber coated so it sticks and loves to tangle itself ..i mean loves to tangle itself. now i have an $80 black rubber pretzel that i somehow need to return because there is not turning back there are knots there that would rival a tighly woven golf ball-- i am royally pissed because you would think someone would have warned me about the dangers of tangles--i should have known from t sink tips --imagine 80 yards of that in a ball on your floor-so be warned if you ever buy a sinking line make sure you spool it with the utmost of care or you will, like me, end up with an indian rubber ball-PS i am returning it today-lets see what happens....lol

Archived