Coyote St.catharines

pike007

When I was working at the GM Glendale plant I would sometimes take the Homer bridge or Skyway , coming or going to work . I retired in 92 , so it was about 10 years before ,about 1982 , I saw a large yote dead on the east side of the bridge , and shortly after I saw another yote (maybe it's mate) standing in a small field just off the traffic circle there on the north side . At that time the area was wide open ....only the race track existed .....now many houses and a mall has been built . The coyote has been in this area for many years , but as has been said , wildlife habitat is being squeezed out , and that is what we humans call "progress".

I hear them every night howling and yeeping... I'm just off HWY 58 in Thorold. Tonnes of Coyotes, Geese, Ducks and frickin' stray cats too. Hopefully they just eat the damn cats... They crap all over my front flower garden... Dang it....

Live in Secord Woods...heard them the last few nights yipping and yelping from the direction of the scrap yard on Glendale..(sounds like there's 3-4)...had 2 roaming behind my place (near Applewood School) a few years ago..wish they'd come back and take care of the neighborhood cats that people let wander around! (especially the neighbors)..like Tino26 said..crap all over the place.. and lie in wait to kill the birds that come to my feeder..even killed a few baby rabbits in the summer..I'd probably feel different if the cats were killing and eating for survival..but it's just about the thrill of the kill...(If that was my dog running around the neighborhood shi#T#ing all over the place and killing things..people would be up in arms about it!)..just like the coyotes..( just for the record..I too have a cat..but keep it indoors or in a restricted area when outdoors) just for these reasons..

Live in Secord Woods...heard them the last few nights yipping and yelping from the direction of the scrap yard on Glendale..(sounds like there's 3-4)...had 2 roaming behind my place (near Applewood School) a few years ago..wish they'd come back and take care of the neighborhood cats that people let wander around! (especially the neighbors)..like Tino26 said..crap all over the place.. and lie in wait to kill the birds that come to my feeder..even killed a few baby rabbits in the summer..I'd probably feel different if the cats were killing and eating for survival..but it's just about the thrill of the kill...(If that was my dog running around the neighborhood shi#T#ing all over the place and killing things..people would be up in arms about it!)..just like the coyotes..( just for the record..I too have a cat..but keep it indoors or in a restricted area when outdoors) just for these reasons..

Pellet rifle ....495 fps I believe cats have good memories ....... :th_fudd: ................... :skunk:

I live at the bottom of burleigh hill and have yotes, and turkeys regularily. Not many squirrels. I handle that with the 495 fps... god i hate squirrels

.....tree rats ......good eating ....nutty flavour ..... $4.95 per lb...... :santa:

I used to live in Port Weller East. There were skunks, possum, ground hogs, rabbits, raccoon, fox, and more stray cats than I could count. One spring a pack of coyotes moved into the area and patrolled the streets at night. By the end of the summer you couldn't find any of those critters...they ate EVERYTHING. Then they moved on. I thought is was great to see how they saw the opportunity, took advantage of it, and moved on to greener pastures....and did us all a favor in the process. There is a place for them if the population is controlled.

$10 a seal , municipality should be paying $10 per downed dog. They keep building houses in Chippawa so they are getting pretty close to homes and into everything, not their fault but they need to be controlled. Many of them have mange to , not so pretty. Tore neighbours dog apart few years back.

Archived