Humber River

schnipster

now i know naming rivers is taboo and the glea club will be all over me however, i NEED to know if this river is fishable in the city area--i walked it recently and saw some waters that were even fishable using the spey--however i have never heard of anyone catching anything but BBQ stands and lawn chairs...if you have any good info on this river can you PM me or if its general then just reply. any input would be most appreciated..

I live close to the humber there is a decent population of migrating bows / browns / salmon this requires a bit of work but for urban fishing its ok

Trout arent the only thing thats brown there...lol. I dont think they get that many fish up over the dam anymore. I know they get some small runs but nothing sigifigant.

i was told by a few local guys . while i was walking the river, that it gets alot more than people think, allot of people seem to have written the river off mostly due to the quicksand everywhere. i am gonna hit it hard this weekend and see what comes out of it.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for the offer...steel head are my Achilles heel--losing interest...rapidly.lol last outing i wasnt on the swing i had the egg patterms out, buggers,.,,etc....still nothing. its easier to catch a yeti. it seems unless you are on the pin with a bag of eggs steel are but a dream. unless you dont work and spendevery second day on the water,,,,lol

Archived