New To The Kayak

Fraser38

Nice ride. I was in the Welland river today. Not fishing, just for a relaxing paddle and a beverage with a friend. Message me if you need a partner in crime.

Nice yak your gonna love it i fish welland river lots have not been out on upper yet live in ridgeway go out in the lake lots in the summer on calm days. What size yak is she i got a tarpon 120

That's not the 80 pound boat that ascend makes I hope! That would be fun to muscle up ontop of a car haha! You're going to love kayak fishing! Instant stress relief! Even better when you boat fish! I have a tarpon 120 and I love it. I have big plans for next years season! The welland river is fun to kayak but it can get choppy with boats whizzing by. I went on labour day and it was tsunami friendly. a small anchor helps.. caught a bass by the park up at the Niagara river entrance. Aswell as a segal picked up my lure and it lucked out and avoided a hook in the bill... look forward to seeing your adventure reports on here!

Think it was 74 pounds without any gear. I put it on and off the wife's 2013 kia sportage without killing myself I'm sure I'll get used to it on my car. Just picked up a humminbird pirhanamax 175 for it today and will probably get the transducer glued in and head mounted one night this week

Careful it's not a great idea.

x2

if you do go out remember "keep your head in the boat" this keeps your weight in the yak and you from tipping. turning around to get something behind you and not thinking about position can cause your head to lean out and can flip you, so be aware

• 1 month later...

Archived