Toronto Sportsman Show February 5-8, 2015

Bow Man

Any one going this year? I think i will take my 4 yr old this year he got his first rod and reel for christmas and now just wont stop talking and asking questions, so i think he would love it.

Side note: I am more excited then him to take him out for his first time this spring!

I might go...finding its getting old, although i do enjoy the fly fishing demos and tying. Have a few friends that tye at the Izzac Walton booth. There was a few good deals last year on streamside rods...but other than that it was just ok.

I might go...finding its getting old, although i do enjoy the fly fishing demos and tying. Have a few friends that tye at the Izzac Walton booth. There was a few good deals last year on streamside rods...but other than that it was just ok.

I have to agree the sportsman show is getting worse each year

I remember going as a kid

My dad always went last day.Last 2 hours vendors brought prices so low because they did'nt want to pack it all up..Gone are the good ole days..These days they have no deals on their marked up prices..Parking and admission killed it for me years back.

The cost of having a booth killed it for a lot of the vendors. The last time I had gone, they had lost 4 major tackle shops. They were replaced by a dozen sock and T-shirt companies. The cost of admission and parking keeps us away.

In March we have our own local show in Ft Erie. In April there is one in Ancaster. No really big names, but every exhibitor is there to talk the great outdoors.

Thanks guys, maybe it is not worth taking the little guy? If I do go I think I will take the go train in to save a little cash.

thanks again.

The casting pond is cool....but thats a two hour line up. He can fish in the trout tank, and that will interest him. Any time your out with your little guy is a good time regardless....food is pricy as per usual. Theres lots for him to see including the dog show they put on. Hell have fun...so its worth taking him.

Another show that is worth going to is the Spring fishing and boat show in Toronto Feb 13-16 at the International centre. Parking is free.

Springfishingandboatshow.com

Another show that is worth going to is the Spring fishing and boat show in Toronto Feb 13-16 at the International centre. Parking is free.

Springfishingandboatshow.com

I go to this one every year.

I used to the make the trip from Hamilton to the Toronto Sportsman show for years by myself and at times with many of my freinds and family, introduced my Wife and later both of my daughters to to the show.I really enjoyed showing them the MNR displays and the 2 floors of exhibits when it was at the Ex grounds, I understand the costs involved meant things had to be changed, but for the last few years i found you did not have to travel as far for the sales as our local tackle shops Like Grimsby Tackle and Fishing World, would offer some of the same pricing as the show, and the larger outdoor stores had the fishing and hunting celebrities that used to be there. As a resident of the Niagara region I think I will check out what is happening locally.

Looking forward to the fort erie show. And buying some of the ugly boys' wares. I will be at the Toronto show. Tradition dictates that. But the shows have been getting quite pricey. Haven't spent a dime there the last two years with the exception of food and beverage. But still a great way to spend a day with Papa Bear. Sometimes time spent with a loved one is worth the price of admission.

hey guys

I dont message much on the board, so forgive me...but I had to chime in on this one.

I prefer the fishing and boat show myself. The sportsman show had a lot more fishing gear and retailers in years past, not anymore. The real reason why I wanted to chime in was I can't understand why the people of Niagara mainly fisherman and outdoors enthusiasts are not supporting the local Fishing and Boat show that has been in the falls the last 2 years at the Scotiabank Centre?? We have the opportunity to have the best of what is at the Toronto Show IF we get out there and support it. It is only the second year it has come to our own backyard and already people are choosing not to show up. Guys are already bitching there aren't enough vendors there to make it worth their while…WHY WOULD THEY COME IF WE DONT GET OUT THERE BOYS??

Thats my rant. nothing more and of course nothing personal…just my 2 cents. I guess I just see a possibility to drive 5 minutes down the road versus 1.25hrs up to the GTA and spend my time and $$ here, not there.

Shop local save time and money! Support local business and sponsors because without them there is no NFN..Bill puts on a great show in Fort Erie as well.we work hard for our money..why drive to Toronto and support their City..how can we justify $25 for parking and admission? If some of you never went into Grimsby tackle or Fishing world they are big and much better prices then you'll ever find at the big shows and big box stores...Give them at look you'll walk out with a smile.

hey guys

I dont message much on the board, so forgive me...but I had to chime in on this one.

I prefer the fishing and boat show myself. The sportsman show had a lot more fishing gear and retailers in years past, not anymore. The real reason why I wanted to chime in was I can't understand why the people of Niagara mainly fisherman and outdoors enthusiasts are not supporting the local Fishing and Boat show that has been in the falls the last 2 years at the Scotiabank Centre?? We have the opportunity to have the best of what is at the Toronto Show IF we get out there and support it. It is only the second year it has come to our own backyard and already people are choosing not to show up. Guys are already bitching there aren't enough vendors there to make it worth their while…WHY WOULD THEY COME IF WE DONT GET OUT THERE BOYS??

Thats my rant. nothing more and of course nothing personal…just my 2 cents. I guess I just see a possibility to drive 5 minutes down the road versus 1.25hrs up to the GTA and spend my time and $$ here, not there.

The Niagara Outdoor Show in FT Erie has been running a lot longer, and highlights the local businesses in our area.

An added note. There does not appear to be a date listed for a Niagara Falls show in 2015

I used to look forward to the Toronto Sportsman Show every year when held at the CNE fair grounds. Took the family for a day of fun and maybe a few deals, like the other poster said - last day was great to get deals.

The dog show and retreiver trials were excellent and it really felt like an outing.

Since the move to downtown and multiple buildings it sucks. As well as the timing. Used to be during March break when the kids were out of school. Gave us all something to do.

Now, forget it. I've been once in the last 5 years and doubt I'll ever be back. There is no adequate parking and it is too spread out. Such a waste. But I believe it is done like this on purpose to eventually kill it altogether. Toronto people for the most part think hunters are neandrathals and the sight of guns make them faint. They would be happy if it was gone altogether.

They used to use real dead ducks in the retreiver trials. Today, PETA would be protesting. I don't know if they still do, but can't see it happening.

Last year my family and I went to the Niagara Falls show and were pleased. Got some great deals on some gear too.

We will try and hit the Fort Erie one this year. I agree with many here. Keep it local and in doing so support local businesses.

I went last year... wish I stayed home. Only good thing was that they gave free parking on the first day given there was a snow storm there. Better off to walk around Bass Pro for an hour with a coffee!!!

On the other hand enjoyed the Boat Show last year and will be going next week. At least I found that one interesting...

hey bigugli

are you saying that Fishing World and Grimsby Tackle have booths are the FT show? If so, I will be there this year! I find that Fishing world has the best overall prices all year every year.

let me know when the show is so I can put it into my calendar.

thanks

hey bigugli

are you saying that Fishing World and Grimsby Tackle have booths are the FT show? If so, I will be there this year! I find that Fishing world has the best overall prices all year every year.

let me know when the show is so I can put it into my calendar.

thanks

Fishing World and Grimsby Tackle don't do the shows any more. They now have their own big sale weeks and line sales in the store.

March 15th is the Niagara Outdoor Show in Ft Erie. There will be a number of specialty producers and small scale retailers. Details should be available soon on NFN.

Talking to a few people today and the word is the Niagara Spirtsman show has been cancelled due to lack of intrest. Looks Ike the only chance is locals will get is the Ft Erie show so let's get out there and support the little guy

I went on line and did a little poking around trying to decide which of the Toronto shows to go to and i came across this show in Niagara Falls NY

.http://niagarafishingexpo.com/

The show itself is not the draw for me but check out the list of seminars they offer, I could spend both Sat and Sunday and still not be able to get to all of the ones i would want to.To bad I'm leaving Sunday for holidays and can only go Saturday. and it only costs $9.00 . Has anyone ever gone to this show?

Archived