Channel Catfish Locations?

Ilikepikeandbass

Doe's any one know if it's legal to use frogs as bait i use to use them back as a young kid but not sure if it's legal now i remember i couldn't get worms

in the summer and needed my fishing fix so i tried frogs what a discovery the cats went nuts on them and big ones at that if you can use them i'd like

to try them at night for channel cats

I remember when frogs were in great decline ......not sure if there was a ban using them back in the 80's .....glad to see them bounce back ,although I haven't seen many over the past few years ......

Googled this up ......(copy/paste)

/1993). Excessive collection for the scientific supply market has also contributed to the decline of northern leopard frog in Canada and the United States, and massive, continent-wide die-offs (not well understood) were reported in the 1970s and 1980s. Environmental stresses, including low pH and high concentrations of metals and chemicals from pesticides and fertilizers, have been shown to have detrimental effects on leopard frogs and tadpoles. Other possible factors contributing to declines include road mortality and increased ultraviolet-B radiation caused by the thinning ozone layer

I would avoid using frogs for bait. 3 years ago the wetlands and ponds in my area were filled with them. Now I barely ever see a single one. Just cut a sucker up in filets or using the whole body. Works great.

We caught some big cats ice fishing at the Bay of Quinte . Nobody was targeting the cats , they hit the minnow-jigs just as the walleye do. Using "cat baits" may ice more cats . I would prefer a few fat juice ling myself .....

Archived