Sign in to follow this  
Habs_Fan

First Ever Rainbow!

Such an adrenaline rush, fought for about 30 minutes. Luckily hooked it on my bigger ice fishing rod. Literally had my entire rod in the hole trying to get this thing in, had to bring it up tail first.

Nice fish ....got all the Habs colours !

tail first .....maybe a little gaff would help .... B)

Tried using the gaff, but with 6-8 inches of ice and my rod in the hole we didn't have much room to try and get it up lol. Figured it was easier tail first :P

If you want to target "trout" here in niagara I don't suggest doing it through the ice. If Your taking your son I would Highly suggest targeting pan fish through the ice much more action the young one will enjoy it Much more. Where habs is fishing you are Much more Likely to catch pan fish the occasional pike trout are pretty rare in that spot.

I was fishing at PC Marina on Saturday, trying out my new Marcum VS385C Camera. There was a beautiful almost identical Rainbow sitting with its mouth inches from my minnows for a good 3 to 4 minutes but he did not take it, was sure awesome to watch though. I also saw 4 pike one very large that hit but I lost and lots of perch in the 4 hours I was set up there.