Bass Fishin Florida.

DNorton

Not sure if this is allowed but read on the other topic people saying they wanted to see some pics. So here we go. Keep in mind I'm doing this from my phone so the pictures might be out of order.

l6M8U6Q.jpg

http://imgur.com/D9bdWRC

http://imgur.com/JoIWPsd

http://imgur.com/NFOzksn

http://imgur.com/PYD1wOh

Bought my son(he's 5) his first fishing rod for his birthday right before Christmas. Got him to pull in his first bass. Since then he wants to fish everyday, all day. Doesn't want to go to the beach unless we're going fishing. Doesn't want to go to Disney anymore wants to catch a tarpon now. Wouldn't change this time for the world.

Haven't had any luck in the surf as of yet. Few sharks I think hook up then note through my line. Switching to wire leaders now and hope for the best. Headed out today will post back later with an update.

Great to see your lad is having a blast. Almost every ditch and pond in Florida holds fish or gators (lol).

He might just love Disney if you take him on one of their fishing charters.

Wait til he's in school. IF you keep him excited for fishing, he'll be asking you to play hooky with him. Lord knows how many times the kids and i played hooky to go fishing and have some quality time together.

Best toy we can give to our children.....................US and our quality time together!

I was never raised with toys 50+ years ago in asia, Parents were hard working frugal people, and not a lot of selection of toys then, but I grew up with the freedom of the outdoor to explore. No potential kidnapping then, so i do not come home until supper time.

I raised my children the same way, hardly gave them any toys when they were growing up, not on Christmas nor on Birthdays, few cash here and there that always goes to their savings account, we went to Disneyland once, and canada's wonderland twice, but we do consistent outdoor activities, mostly weekends, and out of town water sport activities few times a year. Our whole family all look forward to doing something simple outdoor stuff, I ensured I gave them my time.

My children during teens, acquired serious hobbies and spent time on them to keep them preoccupied, only get to them after they finished their school home works, so they are not too keen on TV, nor interest in Video games. Now that they are in their early 20's, they do not get involved in face book either, not much TV/movie viewing, far from drugs or party life, they just focus on their university studies and took a part time job that they used to pay their own schooling. Just self sufficient disciplined adults from being raised early on with disciplined life. They do understand that life is not just having fun all the time, one needs to work to earn their rights for leisure activities.

Keep up the good work for being the right Dad. Wait till they start tying their own flies!

Best toy we can give to our children.....................US and our quality time together!

I was never raised with toys 50+ years ago in asia, Parents were hard working frugal people, and not a lot of selection of toys then, but I grew up with the freedom of the outdoor to explore. No potential kidnapping then, so i do not come home until supper time.

I raised my children the same way, hardly gave them any toys when they were growing up, not on Christmas nor on Birthdays, few cash here and there that always goes to their savings account, we went to Disneyland once, and canada's wonderland twice, but we do consistent outdoor activities, mostly weekends, and out of town water sport activities few times a year. Our whole family all look forward to doing something simple outdoor stuff, I ensured I gave them my time.

My children during teens, acquired serious hobbies and spent time on them to keep them preoccupied, only get to them after they finished their school home works, so they are not too keen on TV, nor interest in Video games. Now that they are in their early 20's, they do not get involved in face book either, not much TV/movie viewing, far from drugs or party life, they just focus on their university studies and took a part time job that they used to pay their own schooling. Just self sufficient disciplined adults from being raised early on with disciplined life. They do understand that life is not just having fun all the time, one needs to work to earn their rights for leisure activities.

Keep up the good work for being the right Dad. Wait till they start tying their own flies!

That was a great read. Thank you for that. I'm going to give him the knowledge I know and hopefully one day he can show me something new.

Archived