Praying For Opener

schnipster

i am hoping to hit Algonquin this opener for their famed 4 pound brookies--with this weather i better bring skates...we need warm weather. not too soon -waters will be nice and cold for the steel head maniacs--but the thaw must occur--it must occur--coach i cannot even begin to ask why you are sitting this one out-simply put i am sorry to hear that -it would be nice for some of us to actually hit the water together this year. plummer you sick narcissist..how dare you tease us with brookie pics...OK OK put em up put em up....dave whats the word on the street brother--is the catt still frozen???? HAHAH-lets go to the niagara and watch castellano drift by at 36 mph...lol

Scnipster, I'll probably be sitting out most of the season. I won't be able to bear weight on my leg til some time in April or May. And even then I'll on crutches or a walker for most of the rest of the year.

So put up lots of pics so I can see what I'm missing.

:-)

Scnipster, I'll probably be sitting out most of the season. I won't be able to bear weight on my leg til some time in April or May. And even then I'll on crutches or a walker for most of the rest of the year.

So put up lots of pics so I can see what I'm missing.

:-)

What your missing...lol. Just a bunch of flies wizzing by your head most times...lol. I have a productive spring spot i usually do really well at...only this year im going to fly fish it to challenge myself. Bass are no problem on the fly...but steelhead on the fly have been my nemisis. Did hook one in the fall, so ive not given up hope!! The float rod is close by...just in case its relentless casting and no action..lol

dave--we have discussed your productive water-if i decide to go after steel i will most definetly be sitting behined you in your car....my heart is where the brookies flowlike the salmon of capistrano however if i cannot get to those places due to the fact we are now officially winnipeg...i will be there ...NO FLOAT ROD THOUGH!!

• 2 weeks later...

Schnip, just keep repeating the mantra "Ice out in Algonquin by opener. Ice out in Algonquin by opener....

Haha...with this freeze it will be ice out in Algonquin by june....lol

• 2 weeks later...

+4 degrees today. Maybe we won't have to wait til July. But I'll probably be fishing with an spinning rod and worms. Still can't bear full weight on this leg, and it hurts like mad if I don't stop and elevate it every so often.

+4 degrees today. Maybe we won't have to wait til July. But I'll probably be fishing with an spinning rod and worms. Still can't bear full weight on this leg, and it hurts like mad if I don't stop and elevate it every so often.

Don't let it stop ya from fishing. I Broke my femur and busted up my knee 3yrs ago. I could only weigh bare 45lbs on my leg for 9months. I jus chruched my way down to the river bank n threw top water raps for bass.

Archived