Best Dog Food

gunner-2

I have been feeding my 2 Choc Labs Beneful but have been reading that it has been making

dogs sick :wall: my dogs are fine but i don't wan't to feed it to them anymore and finding out that it

comes from China need i say more just want my dogs to be healthy any input on a good goG food

that has no warnings on it and made in CANADA NOT CHINA

We use Rachael Raye dog food for our dog . She is a TV chef and we like her cooking show . She loves dogs and came up with dog foods using natural ingredients . Click on her dog food site and have a look . she has a beautiful Staff Terrier and I'm sure she would feed him the best food .

http://www.google.com/search?q=rachael+ray%27s+dog&biw=1297&bih=677&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=wjPrVPOHEIKfggTM3ICYCw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAA&dpr=1.09

Real meat, fish and veggies mixed in with a basic kibble. Our dogs like Kibbles and Bits, made in the USA. When I have perch, the dogs get a filet. If I'm cooking with fresh ground, they get fresh ground, etc.... They love sliced cucumber and cherry tomatoes. The one dog dug up all of Judy's carrots, and stripped the young ears off the corn stalks. The more real food you give your dogs, the healthier they will be. No different than human diets really.

I have a German Shep / Golden Mix. It's a bit more expensive but her poops are more solid and no allergies to it. Try out the Buffalo Blue, a few friends recommended that one to me.

We bought the Blue for a while but the dog would stop eating it after a week or so ....and then they put the prices up and downsized the bag .....We still add a little something, like soup broth from our meals to make the little guy happy .... :)

Tomorrow I plan on hitting the meat shop. Casey is going to get a spoiling this week. While I carve and parcel things off in smaller portions, the dog gets extra meat scraps.

Tomorrow I plan on hitting the meat shop. Casey is going to get a spoiling this week. While I carve and parcel things off in smaller portions, the dog gets extra meat scraps.

WHERE'S THE FISH ???

Decided to buy the diced meat from the local home grown pet store for my rescue who would pretty much eat anything. Now I have to get it or I get shunned and he pushes his bowl away from his water dish. Daschund are ridiculously smart and know how to use there emotion to get what the want.

Decided to buy the diced meat from the local home grown pet store for my rescue who would pretty much eat anything. Now I have to get it or I get shunned and he pushes his bowl away from his water dish. Daschund are ridiculously smart and know how to use there emotion to get what the want.

Casey has tried that a couple of times, and his food has sat in the bowl well over a day, In the end, once hungry enough, he would scarf it down once he realizes he wasn't going to get anything else. It won't hurt the dog one bit if he decided not to eat one meal. Now if the dog has not eaten after 2 days, I'd have to wonder if the dog was sick.

Casey has tried that a couple of times, and his food has sat in the bowl well over a day, In the end, once hungry enough, he would scarf it down once he realizes he wasn't going to get anything else. It won't hurt the dog one bit if he decided not to eat one meal. Now if the dog has not eaten after 2 days, I'd have to wonder if the dog was sick.

Very true bigugli they won't starve themselves they will eat my dogs love the beneful but after the warnings i'm not going to get it anymore its making dogs sick

and the company that is making it refuses to make a recall and that right there tells me that they don't give a crap about your pet just the money

ACTRIUM is a all natural, holistic dog food that's made in Canada. They have a distribution with walmart in Canada which sucks as I hate that place but the price is good for holistic at 38$ for a large 15kg. The way my dobermans eat it would be hard to afford paying for some of the other premium holistics out there. I am very happy with it so far. Of course they also get there treats of the fresh meats and vegetables and natural peanut butter they love

The Pro Plan blend that I have switched to recently has Salmon as the #1 ingredient...this particular blend is for dogs with sensitive stomachs and sensitive skin allergies..I've only seen this particular blend of Pro Plan at Pet Smart..

I feed my kennel Purina ProPlan, my dogs compete and hunt with the top dogs in North America.

I am feeding dogs from a year old to 16 years old and they are all doing very well.

The whole Beneful making dogs sick is probably as much fluff as PETA being interested in the welfare of animals.

If your dogs are doing well on a food, what ever that may be then that should be all the input you need.

Remember that the whole Beneful thing was started on the West Coast of the US, where working is second to frivilous law suits as a source of income.

I am not saying that the guys dogs didnt get sick, but there is surely more to the story.

The problem is "we don't know" and many people will "play it safe" when faced with doubt .When it comes to food for me or my dog , if it is made in China , I don't trust it...it can sit on the shelf .

My 30# boxer/pug is 10 yrs old.....we got him at 7 yrs.old , & he is doing well on this food ...... some of the funds from her foods goes to help rescued dogs including Staff .Terriers .

SAM_5626.JPG

Well tried the pro plan they seem to like so i will try it for a bit thanks for all the input

All that matters is that the dogs are happy and healthy, and you aren't losing sleep over what you are feeding the dogs.

They really are like precious children to us dog lovers

Our dog is very easy going....likes whatever WE eat !....That's what a lot of dogs were fed 50 - 60 years ago and seemed to keep them going for 14-15 years ....

All that matters is that the dogs are happy and healthy, and you aren't losing sleep over what you are feeding the dogs.

They really are like precious children to us dog lovers

Your 100% right bigugli there happy i'm happy and there are as precious as children

Our dog is very easy going....likes whatever WE eat !....That's what a lot of dogs were fed 50 - 60 years ago and seemed to keep them going for 14-15 years ....

Yes they do get a bit of our food as well like meat and some vegetables

Archived