Best Dog Food

gunner-2

I've done some research on dog food lately as I have a lab pup and was looking to feed her with a good food. I found a good quality Canadian made food made by a company called horizon.. A family owned company based in saskatchewan. According to their website, 90 percent of there ingredients are sourced from within 100 kilometres of there facility. My dog loves it and her poop is solid. Check out their website. It isn't that expensive when u consider the quality ingredients. Cheaper than blue. Also checkout the website " dog food adviser" . Good info there

The big thing with dog food you need to remember is availability.

If you stay at home with your dog, and never travel then you can pretty safely use a specialty or off brand.

If you travel at all with your dogs then you need to stick with a brand that is readily available.

Travelling as much as I do with my dogs, I have had a bag get lost in a flood in the middle of no where in Saskatchewan.

I use Pro Plan so it was an easy find, if I was using a local or specialty brand I would have been in trouble.

The same goes for travelling with raw, you need a freezer and crossing the border with raw food isnt going to be easy if it can be done at all

The big thing with dog food you need to remember is availability.

If you stay at home with your dog, and never travel then you can pretty safely use a specialty or off brand.

If you travel at all with your dogs then you need to stick with a brand that is readily available.

Travelling as much as I do with my dogs, I have had a bag get lost in a flood in the middle of no where in Saskatchewan.

I use Pro Plan so it was an easy find, if I was using a local or specialty brand I would have been in trouble.

The same goes for travelling with raw, you need a freezer and crossing the border with raw food isnt going to be easy if it can be done

I don't think they will let you bring the raw food over to the U.S .But that is a good point i don't like to keep

changing there food as it gives them the craps they seem to be doing very well on there food now

• 1 month later...

We had to change our dog's food brand today since WalMart can't keep a good stock of the R.Raye brand . They have gone downhill at the 4th Ave store lately ....higher prices on groceries , poor quality and running out of stock . We went to Pet Value & got some Performatrin .....chicken & rice for senior dogs at $35 for 15 lbs. .....hope it agrees with his system & keeps him healthy . I saw some dry dog foods at $85 a bag ......must have caviar in it .... :huh:

I paid that $85 bag once. dog hated it. I have a 11 year old Sheppard/lab mix. I myself have been feeding him Beneful for the past couple of years, simply for the fact that it seems to be the only dog food he'll eat. Guess the search is on for new dog food.

We had to change our dog's food brand today since WalMart can't keep a good stock of the R.Raye brand . They have gone downhill at the 4th Ave store lately ....higher prices on groceries , poor quality and running out of stock . We went to Pet Value & got some Performatrin .....chicken & rice for senior dogs at $35 for 15 lbs. .....hope it agrees with his system & keeps him healthy . I saw some dry dog foods at $85 a bag ......must have caviar in it .... :huh:

Lucky dog!!

Casey gets fish every time I have fish. Gets liver every time I have liver. Gets steak every time I have steak. He gets a lot of meat and a lot of veggies. The little fella also loves cheese doodles. Lol.

Archived