Coyote Hunting (Graphic)

Headed out to take advantage of the mild temps after night shift. 1st set set up was all I needed. A couple rabbit cries and a nice dark yote bounced into my field. He held up at 200yrd so "smack" dropped in his tracks. After a long walk in 18in of snow I noticed it was a pretty lucky shot. he had a couple bare spots and only half fur on his tail so this one wouldn't come home with me. Just as I thought about the long walk back I catch movement on the opposite end of the field. I settle the 300yrd crosshair on em and squeeze, nothing. Again I settle the crosshair on em, missed again! By this time he is moving away so 1 last effort I try the 400yrd crosshair, "smack" stiff legged em. So I walk all the way to back corner to retrieve a very nice fur.

Moral of the story "I'm out of shape!" And the .204ruger is a fantastic yote gun

L341XMp.jpg

Rg7kz3M.jpg

jsriG0O.jpg

Nice dog. 400 yard very respectable. $10 wolf/tote seal is bs though they should pay you $10 to take em down.

If they offered 10$ a pelt, like before my time. I'd have 60$ lol

Ps. No coyote seal needed in Niagara.

Ps. No coyote seal needed in Niagara.

I got hosed lol , when I went for my sport fish , small games and Turkey I threw on a yote seal for 10. I just looked at area 89 A and you couldn't be more right. That's amazing news to my ears though.

I got hosed lol , when I went for my sport fish , small games and Turkey I threw on a yote seal for 10. I just looked at area 89 A and you couldn't be more right. That's amazing news to my ears though.

Ya anything for a $ at big box stores lol

i disagree. I am not a hunter and am not offended at all by the pictures. Nor do I think it gives hunters a bad name. That's the problem with society today to many over sensitive panzies. That is a general statement before anyone takes offence and starts crying. Anyhow nice shooting.

Some pics are best left in your phones gallery... I'm a hunter and all but some people see this and give hunters a bad reputation.

This is in the hunting forum ... nuff said.

Clearly says graphic if you chose to look after reading that it was your choice. I also have no problems with the pic nice shooting. I am a hunter but strongly respect the life of any animal . To me this was a good clean ethical dispatch of the animal.

I think if people don't want to see a head shot on a coyote they wouldn't want to see a dead one period....?

I understand totally what your saying but if people don't want to see that we should show them of a fawn being strangled by a bunch of those little pr*cks

Not only fawn but they are coming int towns/cities and taking peoples cats and dogs and yes they do have the right to survive as anything

but they are getting out of hand they need to bring back a bounty on them i'm not sure what they get for the fur now days but if it wasn't for hunters trying

to keep them in check things would be a lot worse

Thanks guys. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

On a side note. This afternoon while driving to my father house to get ready for our weekend fishing trip to Muskoka. I saw a yote standing out in a farm field. I knocked on the door, an elderly polish lady answered. I asked her if I could shoot the coyote standing in her field. In a thick accent she replied "please please shoot them all!" I laughed and said I'll try. Headed behind the horse barn where I was greeted by 2 young ladies tending the horses. Again they were thrilled to hear of my intention and watched me shoot a rather mangey yote.

Believe me, if I took a pic of this coyote it would be more offensive....

Might be a good trade off Gw , take out the Yotes and gain a new hunting spot. Roadrunner makes a point hunters do have to market to the general public carefully (ex not throw that pic up on Instagram Facebook. ) but with all respect Gw labelled it with caution on a hunting forum , nothing different then you would see in the field. I'm noticing a escalating population in south Niagara Chippawa area, imagine no hunters taking them down, the municipality would be in trouble

Archived