Hamilton Boat Show- Any Kayaks ?

GoWithTheFloat

Just noticed there is a boat show in Hamilton this weekend. I plan on checking it out on Saturday morning. I was hoping to see a lot of kayaks in one place but can't really tell from the website if there will be any exhibitors for non-motorized other than Zodiac. Anyone know ?

i don't know about the show

but sail burlington has a 2014 ride 135 with high seat for 849 on sale. this is a very good deal on a very stable, easy to stand in, kayak. i owned a 2012 and loved it but wanted a peddle yak for trolling.

remember the dollar tanked so yaks might be more this year

edit wow a 2015 is $1400-$ 1500 in Canada this year

Good info thank you. I was actually thinking of the ride 135 as there are lots of great reviews on it. Sail is very close to my work so I popped in this week. Trouble is its in lime green.

That price change is significant. Hopefully find a fair priced 2014 that I like.

I went today it was not all that bad i was hoping for some kayaks but none could use

More fishing stuff, but all and all not bad was something to do and beats driving to toronto

I understand that boat owners and kayak guys are probably two different markets, but you would think that the increased popularity of kayaks and kayak fishing would mean that they would be represented more prominently at a boat show.

Depending on how much such shows charge for booth space, the kayak companies didn't think they would get enough 'juice for the squeeze' at the Hamilton show, which is probably more of a traditional boat show.

I dont know why but kayak fishing still has not caught on here like it has in the states. It has exploded down there and huge i would really like to see some more kayak stores open up in the Niagara Region. A local Jackson dealer would be amazing.

Archived