E-Test

smerchly

WOW so you put a new battery in and you have to put all them kms and a 100 liters of gas before you can do a e-test thats not right what a joke

and not a very funny one at that so you have to hope if you have to replace a battery you have to change it a year before your e test and not just before your

test they have to make things so difficult they have to do something to change things or start driving a truck from the 80's or get farm plates lol as farmers don't

need a e-test and i don't understand that one nether i thought that was just for a vehicle used on a farm but you see farm plates on vehicles every were

Not quite 100 lts. needed , I hope , so far I have about 230 kms and need to drive another 100 kms or more to "hopefully" reset the inboard computer . It's only a 2002 truck ! Northern Ontario residents don't need to e-test their cars. My 25 year old van still needs the test also ........and this IS fishing related ....... ;)

Soooooooo ! I had a look in my truck manual (should have done this first ?) ,and I found a page with instructions on changing batteries . 1. Start engine 2. Turn off all accessories 3.Set parking brake . 4. Turn on AC for 2 minutes . 5. Drive for approx. " 16 " kms . This should reset the computer . I'll do this in the morn. & take it in again ....if no pass ...In the garage she goes .

To reset monitors it takes more time in the winter due to temperature. All vehicles are different though I have had some imports set in 15 mins in the summer and domestic as long as a 2hr drive and need to sit over night. The last resort is the 400 $ conditional pass

To reset monitors it takes more time in the winter due to temperature. All vehicles are different though I have had some imports set in 15 mins in the summer and domestic as long as a 2hr drive and need to sit over night. The last resort is the 400 $ conditional pass

I took it to my mechanic today ....basically said the same thing , still 2 codes not being read , so need to drive it more . I have put over 300km on it so far , so I'll empty the tank & try at about 500 km. or so .

Most OBD II readers will tell you what codes are not ready. Curious what two codes your mechanic told you were not ready ?

Did he say whether having your computer reflashed will make a difference ?

Most OBD II readers will tell you what codes are not ready. Curious what two codes your mechanic told you were not ready ?

Did he say whether having your computer reflashed will make a difference ?

He didn't say Dan , just told me it takes longer in some vehicles and the cold weather may not be allowing the full data into the computer since the temp. gauge never reaches the half way point ....warmer this week . I'll drive in the city for 30 min. then take a hwy drive at 120km for 30 min. & get the codes checked again .

A re flash usually isn't needed unless you replace a module or computer and it specifies it needs to be flashed. The codes you are probably having trouble with are ho2s and heater. Generally they are the harderst to set in the summer even.

A re flash usually isn't needed unless you replace a module or computer and it specifies it needs to be flashed. The codes you are probably having trouble with are ho2s and heater. Generally they are the harderst to set in the summer even.

Mild day today .....took the truck to Ft.Erie and back to Port Dal. ....filled it up with gas & got another Etest done . They have a machine that goes through all the codes & I gave them the ok to do the test if the codes were all ready to go .....It finally passed the test ...whoopie !! Had to pay full price again ( new Drive Clean Location).....That new battery cost me an extra $130 to pass the test .....now it's my Chevy van's turn to burn up about 70 liters of gas before the test . ....put new plugs in yesterday & found one spark plug wire all clogged up with rust at the plug boot . Got to get me tested today ...thyroid scan ....and I'm prepared for that one ....walked 5 km. at Port today ! :D .....will post a couple pics.later .....

Wish I would have seen this sooner to give ya a hand Smerch.

I am a certified emissions technician, I do both OBDII (1998 and newer) & Tailpipe (1997 & older) emission testing. If anyone here at NFN needs a hand with their emission tests, shoot me a private message and I'd be glad to help out.

Archived