Timmies

smerchly

After I fishing at Rennie , decided to grab a coffee at Tim's . A man inside was greeting the customers with his Ipad in hand & asking to do a 75 second survey ....and get a free coffee coupon in the mail . The usual questions about income, house status etc., and a Tim Horton card like we would get from our food stores or walmart etc. Well today , I get a "Welcome to CIBC " :D grin, grin ! I do not like the way this was done ....like a con job . No need to sigh anything , just tap the box with your finger ( they got my fingerprint ) ?? Needless to say , When the card arrives in the mail , it will meet my new scissors and my coffee will be bought at MacDonalds ....it's better anyway .

Get any fish at Rennie park?

Not a bite Jmac . We fished near the bull rushes hoping to catch a few crappies or a stray pike . This has been the worst year for fishing Rennie , and the back end of Martindale pond wasn't much better .

Anytime somebody like asks me, "The usual questions about income, house status etc." I will reply "Noneya."

Good way to reply ....NOYB .....Why does Tim's allow this intrusion ? I say that because I was trying to pay for the coffees & talk to him while other customers were waiting for me to pay .....not the greatest thing for doing business . The guy ahead of me gave him the brush off el tout suiteto !

That has happen'd to me i just tell them no time and walk away.

I'll tell you how he got me .......first thing he said was , " how was the fishing" ? He noticed my rubber boots & I probably smelled a little fishy . I must learn to keep my trap shut ! :wall:

Tims would allow this for the marketing info they would gather as a whole. It will help them shape future marketing and pricing changes.

That Port D store is too small for anything like this, but who knows what agreement the corporate office had with the franchise location.

Good way to reply ....NOYB .....Why does Tim's allow this intrusion ? I say that because I was trying to pay for the coffees & talk to him while other customers were waiting for me to pay .....not the greatest thing for doing business . The guy ahead of me gave him the brush off el tout suiteto !

I'll tell you how he got me .......first thing he said was , " how was the fishing" ? He noticed my rubber boots & I probably smelled a little fishy . I must learn to keep my trap shut ! :wall:

So he got you hook line and sinker eh Bill :tease: Your situation there happens a lot at crappy tire.

So he got you hook line and sinker eh Bill :tease: Your situation there happens a lot at crappy tire.

Yes Dan , at C.T. they have tried a few times to get me on the gas card . I told them C.T. does not serve so I only buy from pumps that serve ME . ....end of conversation !!

• 3 weeks later...

hey Bill watch any of your person information and check any bank or investment accounts. These rat got my credit card one time. Charged 900.00 dollars on it. Took a bit to clear it.

"Ratz" is what they are ! Nice to see you today ....nice truck ! :)

I find it funny how now when your paying they ask "will this be on your visa tims card" like really, is this walmart..... like you said smerch mcdonalds is where its at, coffee is a lot better, and no hassle when paying

I find it funny how now when your paying they ask "will this be on your visa tims card" like really, is this walmart..... like you said smerch mcdonalds is where its at, coffee is a lot better, and no hassle when paying

And cheaper. had to buy brekkie this morning, so I got a Mc.D's coffee and muffin for the price of a Timmies.

McDonalds will be the death of Timmies! WAY better coffe, and there is always free coffee give aways. I think alot of people are just stuck on the old "its timmies". Time to wake up and smell the coffee ( McD's the good coffee ). :)

I drank tim's for YEARS, and about 2yrs ago tried McD's. Will never go back it is really good coffee my wife also made the switch.

For sure if Timmies and McD'S were side by side i would be going to McD BUT we don't have a McDS in town so it's timmies for me

I need to throw a hint to the people who keep buying me Tim cards that I REALLY like MacD better . I'm not sophisticated enough for Starbucks either ..... we buy 95 % of our java in big cans (925 gms). Good old Folgers does the trick at about 5 cents a cup .

I need to throw a hint to the people who keep buying me Tim cards that I REALLY like MacD better . I'm not sophisticated enough for Starbucks either ..... we buy 95 % of our java in big cans (925 gms). Good old Folgers does the trick at about 5 cents a cup .

This. I enjoy the MacD coffee a lot better. I don't mind Starbucks coffee, once I figured out how to order one...

This. I enjoy the MacD coffee a lot better. I don't mind Starbucks coffee, once I figured out how to order one...

Were you not wearing your tux ? :santa:

Hey Kramer ...hope they gave you a job ....... :)

Well , I got my "Tim Card" in the mail yesterday . It is a Visa card through the CIBC ....looks like they wasted a stamp ...... :tease:

They tried to get me the other day by offering a free coffee if I signed up. I told them I already have a points card and don't want or need another credit card. I loved the guy's response to that - "you don't have to use it!".

Right.

Let me give you my personal information, which you will then sell, and have another card show on my credit rating, all for a free cup of (sub-par) coffee. I looked at him like he was nuts, and walked to the POS to order and pay for my coffee.

Yes, I'm a coffee snob. And that doesn't mean Starbucks. It means fresh ground espresso beans in my coffee maker for a good strong cup of black coffee. No cream, no milk, no soy milk, no caramel sauce, no sprinkles, no whip cream, no ice, no fruit, no pumpkin, no hipsters. Coffee and sugar. If I'm on the road I try for McD's, they have a decent blend and a good cup design.

Archived