Inflatable Pontoon Or Kayak?

superduperfly

Strictly for safety and stability, I would go with the pontoon. You sit much higher off the water which is a big advantage as well, except if it's windy.

For the rivers, my choice would easily be the pontoon. I used one in Alaska a few years ago on the Kenai. Fantastic way to fish for salmonids.

That was the issue when I tried the pontoon. The wind. But I gotta admit it wad quite comfy. Never taken a water craft on the river. Usually fish for trout in the rivers/wading. I enjoy fishing small lakes and ponds in the summer. Thought about a canoe also.

I've used both. A kayak is my favorite by far to get on the water. A pontoon doesn't paddle nearly as well in my opinion. Its fine once you get to you spot and maneuvering around isn't bad. But getting from one spot to the next isn't its strong suit. For mobility a kayak is superior.

A kayak is bad ass plain and simple..

I trust my boat so much too handles any water so far. Even jet ski and speedboat wakes.

Invest in a kayak, its already blown up! No regrets! I would personally never see myself in an inflatable pontoon. I guess its a personal opinion. You're own comfort and pleasure

Archived