Good Place To Look For A Kayak

larry b

I was at bass pro today and saw a couple that I liked,just wondering if there's another good place to look before I make a purchase.I looked in our buy n sell section and didn't see anything. Do we have a sponsor in this business ?

BassPro has some cheaper models if you are looking to save money and forfeit an amazing kayak elsewhere. SAIL in Burlington has a large selection and sales this time of year. Outdoors oriented as well has a large selection and even a paddle day in St.Catharines in May. When deciding where to get my kayak I stepped away from basspro and bought a used tarpon 120 that is sold at most outlets. Invest some money in a good kayak you won't regret it

BassPro has some cheaper models if you are looking to save money and forfeit an amazing kayak elsewhere. SAIL in Burlington has a large selection and sales this time of year. Outdoors oriented as well has a large selection and even a paddle day in St.Catharines in May. When deciding where to get my kayak I stepped away from basspro and bought a used tarpon 120 that is sold at most outlets. Invest some money in a good kayak you won't regret it

I'm always looking to save money but I do want something I'll enjoy using.Martindale pond would likely be about the biggest body of water I'd fish with it.Bass pro was the 1st place I looked but not one employee asked me if I needed help so I'm not keen on buying anything there really

Definitely don't make an impulse decision. Research first. See what fits the bill for you. Everyone is different. ex: transportation style, weight and length for you to be comfortable. Speed vs. stability. I went to SAIL and the guy who runs the watercraft/kayak area was very knowledgeable. I didn't end up buying there but it was a good experience. If you go to outdoors oriented make sure you find someone who knows something more than the brand names lol. They have a paddle day which is bonus. But spending a day in a boat is different than an hour. Like I said, research!!

Also, you would be surprised about martindale pond, it can get quite choppy. And there is a sufficient amount of current near the bridge into the 12 mile, worth mentioning anyway. Its not always calm through those areas. I went for stability in the end because the lake is a choppy mess half the time. I could type all day about my experience lol. This will be my second summer in a kayak too...

Hey Larry, When you have a chance check our shop out. The best people to chat with would be myself or BR. We offer most of the Wilderness Systems fishing models and like others have said, offer a free Paddle Day to allow test paddling. Check out our subsection of the forums for more details.

Jamie

Archived