Scouting

gunner-2

Well got up early this morning couldn't sleep.Sitting there watching turkey hunting on you tube decided at 5:am

to go out and listen for turkeys hit a spot that i hunt at 6:30 had 3 gobblers sing man what a rush

just hearing them never seen them but they are there getting pumped up now for sure any one been out

scouting or seen any strutting

My old man has been seeing those Vineland birds all the time on his way to Toronto. There is a bunch of birds on thorold stone rd between beechwood and Taylor rd. the flock I see daily is the group in the old rifle range in Notl. 30 ish birds in that bunch

Thats a nice bunch of birds

My old man has been seeing those Vineland birds all the time on his way to Toronto. There is a bunch of birds on thorold stone rd between beechwood and Taylor rd. the flock I see daily is the group in the old rifle range in Notl. 30 ish birds in that bunch

The birds often sit in old man Lubinski's bush, and there was a fellow that had permission to hunt the flock every year. I don't think the new owners will be giving permission any time soon, unless you are willing to give up a wad of cash.

The birds often sit in old man Lubinski's bush, and there was a fellow that had permission to hunt the flock every year. I don't think the new owners will be giving permission any time soon, unless you are willing to give up a wad of cash.

Thats the way it is any more with some land owners most just say NO it gets frustrating but that's just the way it is

A wad of cash plus the cost of a turkey tag makes for an expensive bird!! Let alone a second bird!! The flock I'm seein locally is on DND land. I can hear them gobble from my driveway in the am but can't hunt em. It's just a tease/kick in the bum to go find em where I can hunt

I got up early Sunday to go state side for Easter. Was 630 ish taking a couple things out of my truck. There was at least 5 maybe 6 birds gobbling down the street from me. I'm 100 yrds from the birds and can't do a thing about it!

thats the way it is sometimes i know spots like that birds there but can't do anything

They seem to have weathered the winter well. Hopefully they will be cooperative on opening morning!

I hear you i have noticed a few places that were feeding them this year that helps them for sure

Archived