Puffed Corn ?

Jmo1685

Hey guys ,

I'm looking to do some packbaiting for carp this year, and I see that usually it is puffed corn used on the hook. Does anyone have any recommendations on a certain brand of puff corn that they like to use ? Looking to go to the dollar store and bulk barn on Saturday to get all the ingredients for the pack bait, and hopefully somewhere to get the puffed corn. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

They have bags of plain puffed corn at the bulk barn. It will last a couple of years. The basic pack is simply still moist day old sliced white and brown bread run through a processor until it is crumbs. Grab a fistful and pack it firmly around the cornpuff and hook.

I bought a bag of corn puffs last year and have used about 1% of it . As Bruce said , there's enough in a bag to last for years lol . I paid about $6 for it . If I knew you were down this way , I'd give you a couple of cup fulls . I wonder if reg pop corn would work too ? It floats and would absorb some scent ....may want to try Orville Redenbacher's special Carp Supreme banana deluxe soon .....

Bulk Barn Puffs

SAM_5762.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Here you go . If you have any questions I will try to help.

https://youtu.be/2Ksd3phNxjc

Thanks Hammer ! I actually watched this video a few weeks ago when I was researching into pack-baits. It was really informative and I'm trying out a new spot tonight with some pack-bait (breadcrumbs) and canned corn. Hopefully I can entice a carp or 2 to bite :)

I have some carp baits from Europe, and some puffed corn from there too. I think I works pretty well on a hair rig with some canned corn or maize helps to keep it off the bottom too.

the brand name is arrow I believe, sold in the health food section at bulk barn, same bag as in smerchys picture

I see they have smaller bags there now ......My large bag will probably go rock hard or moldy in a few years, haha ! Pop corn ....you know , like movie popcorn , with butter .... add a touch of garlic , etc., should work as well . I am determined to try some this season .....it also floats and should work on the hair rig ......take a big bag and a cola ....... :D

Archived