The_Fish_Dawg

Kids Derby In Port Dalhousie

the St Cath Game & Fish Association's 21st Annual Kids Day Fishing Derby in Port Dalhousie is coming up soon on Sat May 2. This year's director Janet Slade could use some extra help on the Thursday & Friday for prep and set up. If you may have a couple hours to help, please reach her at scgf.kidsday@gmail.com

Of course everyone is encouraged to bring kids down for the big day. Neighbours, grandkids, ect.... pass on the love of fishing!

Edited by The_Fish_Dawg

I know this is an old thread, but just curious--is this an annual event?  Looking into getting my two little girls into fishing, will help me feel less guilty going forward if they enjoy the hobby too.

Just now, WalleyeChaser said:

It is a yearly event 

I see it was beginning of May.  What species are targeted around that time at Port D, is there still any trout at that time?

This year it was cancelled due to the high water levels.

Trout show up the odd time. Its mostly whatever is biting and in season. Most kids just put a worm on bottom straight down as the derby is only in the harbour.

Ok, thanks.  I'll keep an eye for announcements, I want to try involving them more in the sport.