Good Luck

gunner-2

Same to you. Picked up my tag today and just packed essentials in truck. Looking forward to being out in the woods in the morning! Maybe some deep fried turkey on the weekend!

Beautiful Tom. They weren't too talkative this am very sluggish it seemed

Agreed . I called for 30min with no answer. Then a trespassing dog started barking and he gobbled! After that we waited him out

Nice bird! I called one into what sounded like 70 or eighty yards where he stayed hung up in the thick stuff. We did have quite a conversation though! Never did see him and I guess he finally got bored and moved on. Nice to be out though just the same.

Nice looking birds...congrats. Never been into hunting but im sure they taste darn good!!

Was out Friday, Saturday, Sunday (with the bows) and today. Really strange this year as i find that the birds aren't behaving normally. Really weird, all of a sudden going completely silent, all of them, at once.

Today was a different story. As I was getting to my spot I heard a bird gobbling from a small chunk of bush. I was setting up in the mild of a field by a big, fallen tree, a place that I had harvested a bird years ago when the tree was still standing. I crawled out and set up a hen decoy then crawled back and got ready. I wasn't expecting much as the birds so far hadn't been responding to calls. I soon realized that there were at least two birds answering me and they were getting closer.

At 6:14 AM tom made the mistake of showing up 20 yards out. The number 5, 3" Kent turkey load rolled him and it was lights out. He ended up weighing 22 pounds had 3/4 inch spurs and a 9 1/2 inch beard. I could go a whole season and not even see a bird and it would still be a success. This was just the icing on the cake. I'll post a picture soon.

Archived