New Kayak Members

krisbass13

Hey guys new to the kayak community! I recently acquired a nicely set up Wilderness systems ride 135! My dad got a feel free lure 10 and my brother a native watercraft slayer 12! We are extremely excited to begin kayak fishing this year. We mainly target bass but also pike and walleye when bass are not in season! Im also a part of the st.catharines Jr bassmaster so if anyone would like to go bassing in the summer and fall, let me know! We were thinking of taking our kayaks out for the first time this weekend at Hamilton harbor near bayfront park, if anyone knows the water clarity and if any pike and walleye are in the area it would help! If you have any other recommendations of where to start yakking (must yeild pike though) let me know, thanks!

There are pike there (my profile pic as an example). Never saw or heard of a walleye being caught in the harbour. Be careful though as there are tons of bass in the area and they're OOS til June. Otherwise there's a real mixed bag in the harbour.

Welcome to the sport yak fishing! I have a Feelfree Lure 11.5 and I love it! I have buddies who also have the Native Slayer and the Ride 135. You made excellent selections in your boats of choice! I'm somewhat new to the area myselfbut have been yak fishing for nearly 15 years. Pike and bass are my first love but I've recently started trolling for Trout and Salmon in Lake Ontario this season. What a blast!

Hey guys thanks for the welcome! We definitely did our research before picking out the yaks and glad we did. Went out to the harbour this past Sunday and only managed to catch 1 pike but still had a good time testing out the yaks. We all managed to stand and fish with ease! Anyway, we are planning on going out this Thursday evening before our kawartha walleye/pike trip Monday. Anybody know of yak accesible walleye/perch or pike spots around? Is it easy to locate fish out in lake o or erie? Thanks any tips appreciated!

Archived