Carping

gunner-2

Took the wife fishing tonight had some good luck carp are hitting good

006_zpsfpxwzb2o.jpg

the wife caught this one but i had to hold it for the pic

007_zpsmjtpiom3.jpg

lost one after this one but caught this one last minute

010_zpssrntrfp7.jpg

got out yesterday morning for a bit the bite was slow but did get this years PB as of now hope they get bigger this fish was a fun fight

I guesstimate this fish at 25/to28 LBS

009_zpstyer9ofh.jpg

Good stuff gunner , my last carp trip was catfish day ....no carp bites on the corn ,but the bullheads enjoyed it . For the first time I have some maize soaking water & will boil it up tomorrow .....hoping for another carp trip on Thursday to try the maize .

Good stuff gunner , my last carp trip was catfish day ....no carp bites on the corn ,but the bullheads enjoyed it . For the first time I have some maize soaking water & will boil it up tomorrow .....hoping for another carp trip on Thursday to try the maize .

I have been smashing them on corn .i found from 5;30 am till noon was great then drops off and 6:00 pm till dark is great anything inbetween that not so good just have to get past

this cold snap and i will be back at it.Good luck smerch

Smerch let me know if you are getting out Thursday.

I tried the Green R.Trail today for 2 hrs.....the carp have been very elusive lately ....last 3 trips = 0 for 0 . But something was constantly nibbling on the line , almost instantly my line would "flick & bounce" . They would eat up the canned corn , so I switched to maize on a hair rig ....they nibbled on that too , but never ate it up . They are either gobies or baitfish , like lake shiners that I saw breaking water ....must be thousands of them !! So ...I bit my lip & headed for home ......back to Jordan to try my luck tomorrow ....maybe take another light rod & small hooks , in case the same scene is happening there . .....a few pics from today......

taken about 100 meters from me....

SAM_5909.JPG

...Ma & Pa were only 10' away from me ....sitting on some eggs . She wasn't bashful when I tossed a handful of Green Giant corn

SAM_5906.JPG

...on another note..... :angry2: ...I'm a little dismayed at how the city takes care of our parks . Most people ARE using the garbage pails when available , but the city is "saving money" by delaying garbage pickup . This park is a "special place" to many people !

SAM_5916.JPG

The garbage situation is always abused in this city. People are always dumping. What's $2 for a garbage tag... vs a big fine. I have been skunked as of late for carp. I did find a large breeding area in the 16 mile. It was a madhouse for carp lovin ;) They wont bite though. I would say June 1st ill catch my first big boy of the season. Ill let them breed for now and stick to the more clear waters for other fish.

I seen many geese and their goslings and some eggs too. This warm weather brings out the love for the animals in our parks!

I gave Jordan a try today .....landed 3 carp before noon (2 hrs) . I caught my first carp on maize , chummed with both maize & canned corn . First carp hit the maize hard and fought for 10 min.....great fighter ! It was 18 lbs . Second carp was not a strong fish at 11 lbs & 3rd one was also a strong fighter at 16 lbs . A great morning shore fishing ......looks like they are ready to rock !

This one was 33" and all were caught on a hair rig & corn .

SAM_5920.JPG

They didn't "nibble" the bait today ...they all slammed it ! I had to make a fast grab with my left hand , grabbed the rod and line above the reel (spinning) and the braid line cut into my finger as the beast took off .....got to be more careful with these strong mama's ( they appear to be spawned out hens with pms )

...looks like tomorrow will be a nice day for carping .....will have to give it another go ......

. >)))))> . :Gonefishing:

....new addition to my carp gear .....

Went to my local shop & bought a 12' Daiwa carp rod & an Okuma Avenger spinning reel with the free spool lever ......hoping this rig will be good for fishing Lake O. for carp .....soon to be tested ! :Gonefishing:

Another trip to Jordan this morn .....wanted to try out the new rod & bait runner reel . They were hungry and were slamming the corn , and I went 5 for 6 ....largest one 15 lbs .& the rest 12 to 14 lbs . They were extra tough and ran out a lot of line with hard head shakes ....lost one on a head shake . .....all caught on maize -hair rig . The old arms took a beautiful beating today . :D I like the new rod & reel ....but it's tougher getting the fish into the net with the 12' rod when fishing solo .

this one was 15 lbs .....lean and mean and a super scrapper !!

SAM_5964.JPG

Way to go nice looking carp wish i was having the luck you have been having two nights out and no fish I

think i will switch from complements to green giant lol good job keep it up smerch

Way to go nice looking carp wish i was having the luck you have been having two nights out and no fish I

think i will switch from complements to green giant lol good job keep it up smerch

Thanks Gunner ....I was using the boiled maize again today with some pineapple scent . I used it for both the hair rig and most for chum .Two other young guys were using fly rods with canned corn on a light rig....caught one about 10 lbs as I was leaving at noon .

Another trip to Jordan this morn .....wanted to try out the new rod & bait runner reel . They were hungry and were slamming the corn , and I went 5 for 6 ....largest one 15 lbs .& the rest 12 to 14 lbs . They were extra tough and ran out a lot of line with hard head shakes ....lost one on a head shake . .....all caught on maize -hair rig . The old arms took a beautiful beating today . :D I like the new rod & reel ....but it's tougher getting the fish into the net with the 12' rod when fishing solo .

Nice fish smerch. What rod did YA end up getting?

this one was 15 lbs .....lean and mean and a super scrapper !!

SAM_5964.JPG

Tyler....the rod is a 12' Maddragon 2300 ......The long butt end is a little awkward when fighting a fish ....when my arm gets tired I put the butt end on my belt area for leverage . I like the large guides on the rod for distant casting .....should be good for fishing the lake .

Archived