$5 Foot Long Challenge

Ilikepikeandbass

Great idea to get the kids interested in fishing ...like a mini derby lol . Maybe a foot long hot dog would do the trick as well , depending on their ages . And their should be a consolation prize for the "loser(s) ....like a 6" hot dog ..... :D

• 3 weeks later...

Many moons ago, (20 some odd years), I took my 2 daughters to a father/daughter fishing tournament. The only entries were my 2 daughters and myself. :D

I got 2 trophies made up, 1 for the biggest fish and 1 for the most fish. At the end of the days fishing, I took 2 milk crates out of the back of the truck, got them to stand on the crates as I presented each of them their very own trophy. The look on their faces was priceless! Both of them were so proud of their trophy.

In fact, my youngest daughter, 7 at the time, took the trophy to school to show off to everyone on how well she did fishing with her Dad!

That's awesome! I used to do $3 for the first, the most and the biggest! Now that my daughters are 10 and 11 I'm sure they will want to up the pot! LOL Hitting my favourite bass next week, can't wait.

Archived