Inflatable Pfd

MOE FISHIN

I think there's an manufacture date or it will have a replace by date on the cylinder I think they are good for 3-4 years before needing replacement, mines comfortable don't really know it's there.

Bass Pro sells the thimble and cartridge, they're expensive.

what's your life worth? i know mine is worth at least the 25 bucks it cost for a spare cartridge...that's why i bought one.

Thanks!

Has anyone on the forum ever used inflated theirs?

It seems odd to pull a rip cord before falling in.

They inflate automatically, but you can also inflate by pulling the cord. If you know you'll need it ahead of time. If both those methods fail you can blow them up manually with your mouth

Some models are auto inflate others are manual in flate. Mine inflates when submerged in 4" of water. Yes they can be expensive but so are funerals. They are really comfortable and great to fish with. Don't save move when it comes to safety

i am not 100% sure but i believe for it to be counted as a pfd it has to be worn unlike a foam filled pfd.

i have a manual inflate and wear it all the time in the great lakes. but i used to have the salt tab auto inflate. forget it in the boat during a rain storm and it would deploy when the salt tab degraded

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the feedback.

I have worn it on ontario, erie,and the upper. In rough, bumpy, and calm conditions.

I never once noticed it was on.

Best fishing purchase ever.

Archived