2 Little Guys Stuck

rickyy33

Just wanted to share 2 cute lil guys I helped out on the weekend, first one was Friday night a neighbour from several doors away knocked on my door late asking if I had a fishing net, and told me about baby skunk stuck down in their window well. I went over with net but when I noticed it was just a little guy I reached down just grabbed him. Took him back over to another neighbours yard and placed him near the back door steps, and just like that he was gone under. I guess that's where it's sibling live with mom... felt bad for who ever lives there lol.

THAN this morning I was fishing around the rec and I could hear something in a garbage can, went over to investigate and down inside was a little coon. I don't know how he got in but he sure couldn't get out, tipped it over enough for him to get out and away he went.

C11F7ACD-1CDD-4378-AC11-5AEE592EC916_zps

083251BF-9DEE-4763-94FF-267B0B007CDF_zps

894C0DCD-BF5E-462F-84BA-EB4816C12248_zps

Thanks Gunner, yea I know they can start spraying any time but usually 3 months old but he didn't give any signs of "about to spray" no shrieking, hissing or tail up. But I sell a product in our store that takes care of skunk spray almost immediately so I wasn't all that concerned, literally my dog got sprayed last year and I used this product next day it was gone, After the following rainfall when the dog is wet no smell at all, stuff works.

The coon wasn't happy tho he was hissing like crazy.

Baby skunk like that won't spray. Too young. But he sure could lay into you with those needle-sharp teeth. So could the raccoon. Good job on both rescues!

I thought that young skunks can't spray. I found out different after I set one down. Some baby skunks spray at a couple of weeks old.

I thought that young skunks can't spray. I found out different after I set one down. Some baby skunks spray at a couple of weeks old.

baby skunks are able to spray at 2/3 weeks

• 4 weeks later...

Back a few years back it wasn't uncommon for people to have keep baby skunks as pets. I believe you could get their scent glands removed.

I had a pet racoon in my early teens. I recall one day bringing it into the house when my mother wasn't home. My dad was watching t.v eating cheezies and sharing with the coon. Dad tells me to put a

cheezie in my pocket to see if the coon would pull it out with his paw; so I put the cheezie in my pocket, the coon sniffs my pocket and proceeds to attack me trying to get at the cheezie through my jeans. I'm yelling and trying to pry the coon off my leg

and my dad falls off the couch from laughing so hard. Soon as fall hit, he (the coon not dad) must have heard the call of the wild and took off. Never saw him again.

Archived