Fly Time On Erie

Finsanity

Got the chance to hit erie up of the deck of my buddies triton. Let me tell you it was great. We hit several different areas with great success. We fished alot rock piles and some Sandy covers with weed beds. Took out a five weight little under powered but managed to hook and land a few 4 pounders and too many 2 -4 pounders to count. However I did hook a smallies which we seen that straightend the rod right out the fish was easily 6 pounds after getting off this fish started flying through the air like mad man until it realized it was no longer hooked. Also managed to see quite a few smallies scraps one was abut a 4 pounder probably a female fighting a 1-2 pounder probably a male. It was a super intense bout. Both me and my buddy stopped fishing a while and just watched it.

Nice! I have wondered about hitting Erie up like that, it's a bass factory but it's tough to really fish without being on a boat.

How was the wind? Were you able to deal with it through boat control?

Maybe we need to bring in some flats boats and start a new way of fishing the lake!

Lol yea could used the push pole in a couple spot to reduce the noise. It wasn't bad at all around 9 am the water kicked up round 2 though when I'm in a heavy wind I false cast alot to put more tension on my pulls this helps me cut the wind I only do this when bass fishing but I find the false cast get fishes attention that may not have cared had I not false casted.

Went out last Friday and caught a bunch on poppers in the morning and on crayfish patterns later in the day. still lots of fish sitting on nests. Spawning should be almost over and the fish will start moving deeper. they seemed to take the fly when it was just falling without too much action.

Nice, sight fishing is great fun!

I was on Erie sunday afternoon doing the samething. Manged to land 4 in a couple of hours , missed a few others. Tried fishing the river, too much boat traffic.

Archived