Hamilton Harbour Information

YoungYakker

I am wondering about strong currents and chop in the bayfront/harbour area for the kayak. I see amazing potential for good fishing spots in this area only accessible by boat and some with kayak. Anyone have information about this area? Dangers?

Sheepheads, silver bass, perch, carp were there, but not easy to catch them, I got skunk more than was successful. Just check weather conditions there for the same day, it could be fine, and not choppy at the right wind condition. I fished it on shore few times.

• 2 weeks later...

Just fished it last week from a bass boat but the bay is safe enough to paddle. I hooked 6 larges buddy caught two all on senkoa I pitch along the golf course and then into the marinas but don't fish Lasalle they get pissy the marine in hamilton are friend. In fact was fishing a guys boat and talking to him he was asking how we were fishing and we were explaining and the said actually like this and hooked a 3 pounder biggest fish of the day there but on the plus side not far to drive to launch and free to launch

• 7 months later...

Bayfront park is the best place to launch. There are plenty of catfish in the Desjardins Canal. I fish there quite regularly from shore and from my frontier. I recommend you use a glove when handling some of the catfish from the canal. Have caught a few with some nasty sores and abyss's. Good fishing for perch along the shore just below the graveyard. Lots of channel cats to the left of the Canal. Got a nice Trout two weeks ago from shore right next to the canal.

Archived