Niagara Bar Kayak Fishing.

iHasFish

So I launched out of notl yesterday afternoon to drift the bar for the first time. I was really surprised at how manageable the paddle was. There was a decent amount of boat traffic and I got a lot of comments on my rig but no fish :( lost the only one I hooked beside the boat. I managed to get a great tan and a lot of exercise though. Lol.

I tried drop shot (too weedy), dragging a tube jig, Texas rigged plastic, swim baits and chucked a crank bait in 10fow (had a good follow but he wouldn't eat). The only bite was on the tube. I think I need some lighter colors.

If anyone wants to join me for a try, pm me.

How was the paddle back? Choppy? Bad wind direction? Comparable to the welland river on a bad day?

I am interested in doing something like that but not in this heat. Preferably in September. Maybe a practice run in August. Get a feel for the water.

Minimal chop, very slow current but it was a calm and flat day. I'd really monitor the weather before you go out because I have heard it gets messy out there.

I'm all for it! I was working in NOTL today and was looking out there thinking it would be perfect for paddling out there. I don't know if the weather is going to cooperate this coming weekend or not, but I'll be yak fishing somewhere Saturday and Monday. I'd be up for a paddle to the Bar!

Archived