"crappie" Fishing

Ricker

We went to our summer vacation spot of the past 3 years on Commanda Lake just south of Restoule PP. Usually fish for SM Bass or Walleye but we got into some Crappie this summer. After catching one while targeting walleye, we soon changed our tactics and after talking to a couple of regulars on the lake we spent our second week going after them. Made a good fishing trip into a great one! Probably pulled out 50 of the little giants over 4 days. We had a blast and I sure hope the bite will be on again next summer when we return.

411586178.jpg

411586177.jpg

white jig head with a white grub tail. we tipped some with worms but found it did not make a whole lot of difference. Some were caught with just straight worm on a hook with split shot. typically in 18-20 ft. bugger to fillet but they were yummy. hands were ripped to shreds! good thing i brought along my knife sharpener!

We did get a few walleye mostly around dusk. A lot of small ones in the lake which was nice to see because they are repopulating. Probably nabbed a half dozen keepers.

Thats sure great entertainment for the young ones. Looks like a good time, and good eats!!

Very nice!

I go up every May 24 weekend with some guys and we usually get a bunch of crappie on minnows and slip bobbers, mostly of the dock in evenings and after dark in about 10ft water. We got a fair number of walleye but every year we seem to find them in different spots on that lake.

Archived