Anybody Home?

Tom S

What rod do you have just so I can look into it before hand iHasFish?

Probably not one you're familiar with.

It's an 11'5" 7# cabelas switch rod. I'm using the Rio switch chucker floating line.

I think my problem is that I'm having to make due with using sink tips that aren't suited to turning over big flies. So what I've been doing is getting long and over weighted tips and trimming them between casts till they still tick bottom and will turn over. I've been able to make it work but I think I'd rather have something specific to skagit and spey.

See you guys there...as for those tips your using try some poly tips or even some light mow tips will work well on that line. It's a short Skagit taper so should be able to turn over substantial tips. Bring it by and we can see what's up. Cheers

Craig

Can't wait for tomorrow! The actual fishing hasn't been going well so I might as well spend money on a new rod! Lol

Who went today? How was the turn out and variety of vendors? Looks like the east wind will be roaring straight up the river.

Tips helped a ton brother. Went to the whitemans creek mouth to try. Nice clarity there and it was a little hidden from the wind. I was able to put your advice to work. I think the tip you gave me was a little light because I couldn't hit bottom at all. I'll be back tomorrow for the raffle. It's supposed to be at 3. Fingers crossed I win that $1000 reel. Lol

Sorry i couldnt make it sunday. It was fishing...spey clave....fishing....spey clave....well fishing won my only day off. That never went well then wishing i went to the spey clave started settting in before i went home. Hope you guys had fun...

Glad I was able to help you out this weekend I iHasFish!! Glad you guys were able to get out fishing as well. I couldn't make it out at all after working there all day. Oh well its just getting started now. Cheers

Archived