Fly Vice Recommendation?

yakfish

I'm looking to get a fly vice and hopefully be able to pick up a descent one for my price range. Years ago when I was in high school I got into lure making and I had a cheap $20 vice but I mostly just used my hands because it wouldn't hold hooks well. Since then I've moved away from fly fishing and Ive been making soft plastic baits, spinnerbaits weedless bass jigs etc...

Now I want to get back into fly tying and I will also use it for tying lead jigs for bass and walleye using up to 5/0 heavy hooks. Any suggestions for a good quality vice for around $100-$150... also what are some features I should be looking for?

thanks

Go to Bass pro and check out their regal knockoff.

I've jumped from one cheap vise to the next over and over again and this is the best cheap vice I've tried.

I wish I knew the name but it's got the lever opener for the jaws and a big hook groove. Also, it's only $50 if I'm remembering correctly.

I really like the look of the Peak vice. I have a buddy in the states who uses one and loves it. I am also looking at the Anvil apex. Just need to decide if the peak is worth the difference in price. Also looking at used vices that might be higher quality. If I could find a used HMH used in the price range of a new Peak I'd be all over it!

Archived