Swinging The Grand

DaveC

Did some scouting this morning on foot and found some really nice swing water. Took a friend of mine who won the grand prize draw sage rod and reel from the spey clave few weeks ago. I think the guy is hooked. Tried out his new $1200 rod and it bombs....what a beauty stick, could not have been won by a better guy...well unless it was me..lol. Had a great morning on the water and gave it our all but no takers today. Water looked perfect. Had my buddy casting his new rod with some minor coaching. A little more practice and maybe a lesson he should have it down.

I wanted that rod so bad!

The grand has been strange this year. Small numbers past the dam. Most other guys swinging flies haven't had a fish yet this season. I'm one of them. It sucks. Lol

I wanted that rod so bad!

The grand has been strange this year. Small numbers past the dam. Most other guys swinging flies haven't had a fish yet this season. I'm one of them. It sucks. Lol

Least i feel better, im not the only one having a hard time. Saw about 5 or 6 other guys out below whitemans with much the same results. I did see a few fish jumping here and there. Next weekend salmon river...apparently its been tough there as well.

Least i feel better, im not the only one having a hard time. Saw about 5 or 6 other guys out below whitemans with much the same results. I did see a few fish jumping here and there. Next weekend salmon river...apparently its been tough there as well.

It's this Indian summer. So dry.

I haven't tried the credit yet this year. Usually I wait until the salmon redneck rodeo is done before I try it. Not really good swinging water but some great pools and pocket water for nymphing.

I'm getting really tired of getting skunked, I might switch back to Bass for a couple weeks just so I can get the smell of fish back on my hands.

Archived