The After Math Of 2015 Waterfowl Season

gunner-2

My buddy his son and i had a great duck season this year had lots of duck to hunt this year

i hope next year is just as good100_0213_zpszskqy8xl.jpg

100_0210_zpsvdxshdbt.jpg

me and my buddy on our first field hunt of the season 12 mallards 3 geese the 2 out of three had bands they are brother/sister banded

in the states 100_0223_zpskgwqpj5x.jpg

our hunt the second time out little slower with 9 mallards 1 goose100_0237_zpsligykbdh.jpg

then things picked up with a mix of mallards/ gadwall /widgeon 18 ducks the other hunter taking the pics

100_0217_zpsljycexls.jpg

another great day with 17 mallards 1widgeon and my big boy all that swimming tired him right out

100_0220_zps4ppycat8.jpg

my buddy and his son the man behind the cam

100_0222_zpszdgnq08b.jpg

I used to be a duck finatic. Had many blinds from floating blind to grand marsh blinds. Gave up hunting a few years back . I still go on Erie and watch my brother hunt from his blind and watch other hunters as well. These days i photograph many species with my high end zooms. I do miss it but personally don't care for the taste of waterfowl. Reminds me of liver too much. Anyone ever need a photographer taking live hunt shots i would love to tag along.

That's awesome Gunner glad to see you go out and thumped some birds and had a great season. Must have a nice stock pile of delicious waterfoul in the freezer. Hopefully next year I can start my first waterfowl season off to a start like yours this year. I've slowly been collecting old decoys and other things I may need come September.

I remember eating birds and biting into a lead shot ( #2 Imperials ...ouch ! ) . Now that steel shot is used ....can a magnet fish out the shot ? :dunno: lol

I was looking over my old moose hunting pictures today ....WOW ...it's been over 15 years since I put the 30:06 Remington pump away .....That little carbine got me 7 moose in 10 years of hunting .......I'll have to copy some "shots" from my old 35mm prints & claim some bragging rights ...... :th_fudd: ................. :skunk:

I used to be a duck finatic. Had many blinds from floating blind to grand marsh blinds. Gave up hunting a few years back . I still go on Erie and watch my brother hunt from his blind and watch other hunters as well. These days i photograph many species with my high end zooms. I do miss it but personally don't care for the taste of waterfowl. Reminds me of liver too much. Anyone ever need a photographer taking live hunt shots i would love to tag along.

That would be some good pics cliff if you would like to go out next year your more than welcome to tag along.Your very right about the tast

but if you soak the meat in vinegar and water over night that taste will go away much more enjoyable especially on the B.B.Q :worthy:

if you would like to tag along on a turkey hunt in the spring that would make some great pics of a strutting tom just say the word your more then welcome

to come along

That's awesome Gunner glad to see you go out and thumped some birds and had a great season. Must have a nice stock pile of delicious waterfoul in the freezer. Hopefully next year I can start my first waterfowl season off to a start like yours this year. I've slowly been collecting old decoys and other things I may need come September.

Well all we can do is get out there thefrog and hope for cold mornings and birds in the sky we have to get out

I remember eating birds and biting into a lead shot ( #2 Imperials ...ouch ! ) . Now that steel shot is used ....can a magnet fish out the shot ? :dunno: lol

I was looking over my old moose hunting pictures today ....WOW ...it's been over 15 years since I put the 30:06 Remington pump away .....That little carbine got me 7 moose in 10 years of hunting .......I'll have to copy some "shots" from my old 35mm prints & claim some bragging rights ...... :th_fudd: ................. :skunk:

Thats some great hunting 7 moose in 10 years thats awesome i would love to see the pics smerch

Have you tried doing a bird on the BBQ rotisserie or deep fried in those big turkey cookers ?

YES AND YES both ways unbelievable we did my wild turkey last summer deep fried and i have done grouse and pheasant on a rotisserie grate stuff never tried duck like that

Thats some great hunting 7 moose in 10 years thats awesome i would love to see the pics smerch

I'll take some copies with my camera & post a few of our set up & moose . I use natural day light through a window to get decent copies of prints , no direct sunlight ...

ah man ....that deep fried sounds delicious !!

Archived