Any Pike Flies?

DaveC

Anyone have any good pike flies they have had success with? I joined a group that competes on the fly in several catagories starting in early April. Our third event is scheduled to be a two day Pike and Bass on Lake Nipissing...looking for the early advantage...lol ...I wish...hahaha my goal is to not finish last place...lol. Show me what you got boys for the Pike and Bass killers !!!

1457235297554_zpsf0x1mtrn.jpgURL=http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/DaveC51/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160305_222828_zpsncg9o11k.jpg.html]20160305_222828_zpsncg9o11k.jpg[/url]

I think this ones going to draw some attention! I met Rob and Tamara Clarke and this is one he showed me how to tye. Very light made with flash blend.

• 2 weeks later...

Tried out my 6wt single hander today, seems to be going quite well and I feel like I'm catching on with it. Most people start single hand and then move to 2 handed. I as usual am backwards...lol. Started with the 2 hander and now trying to learn single hand. I have some good instructors in the club I joined and aiming this year to just improve with the club. The idea of competition fly fishing is great....Im really liking that. Any time there is something on the line everyone improves while having fun at the same time. First competition in two weeks....let you know how it goes !!!

Won't be out again for a bit. Easter coming up then a hot date the following weekend.

But those pike were fun on a 4 weight. So was the bullhead. Only the second bullhead I'be caught on a fly. The first was on a muddler a few years back.

Archived