Skunk Problem Help Needed

cplummer

My brother in law (Niagara Falls) has a skunk under his porch snd needs it trapped. Anyone here do this? Please tell me the cost.

Need done ASAP

Just do it yourself, it's easy. Set a live trap with a can of tuna. Use a small enough one that it's hard for the skunk to turn around in. Once trapped, slowly walk up with a dark sheet or towel from the front. Cover the trap. Once covered, he won't spray. Can pick it up and move it wherever it needs to go after that.

Used to trap them all the time at the fish hatchery I worked at.

I caught one in my squirrel trap last year . The opening is about 7" x 7" . I keep an old blanket handy for all the critters I catch and cover the trap , pick it up by the top handle and I put it in my old van with lots of newspapers on the floor . I released it at Short Hills by setting the trap (still covered) on the ground , opening the door nearest the skunks head & setting a piece of wood to hold the door open while I waited in the van an watched the skunk scamper off into the bush . In the last 2 weeks I have caught one squirrel , one big fat bunny , and 3 fat rats . ( like my apples) . The trap is small enough that a skunk can't raise it's tail high enough to spray and the dark blanket helps keep it calm . I may soon have another skunk ....may be looking for a taxidermist ...... :skunk:

Archived