Bigcaveman50

Crappies?

Rule of thumb main lake / river 40° look for shallow marinas around 5' -7' deep, and water ways with lots of cover or docks and typical water temp where they sit would be 60° thats when they are spawning. Also windy days seem to be better than none windy days. One more tip if you see them on the surface don't fish them they typically aren't feeding. Look for the ones suspended and always fish above them. So if they are in 3' over 6' fish 2 1/2' feet down under a float. Good luck

Edited by Centre_Pin_Assasin

Well, we tried everything and got nothing.

All our favorite spots for Crappie.

Plastics, bucktails, and even worms.

Who is going to be first to post a crappie on this thread ? LOL

It was still a great day !!

Well i know one spot crappie will be there...will check it tonight.....i find that crappies more active at night during early spring.

I was in the mood to do a crappie/carp combo today , but got up too late .....maybe tomorrow ..... Maybe see you there ? B)

We need warmth if u find the. They prolly aren't stacked up yet (50-56) they start to do there thing .... I've been monitoring water temps ! That's all I will say lol

You can still find them tho .... Look for them to be suspended over deeper water this time year

Well, this darn weather is not going to help for the long weekend. :wall:

I agree... someone needs to post the first crappie picture for 2016

Unfortuanlty I don't think it will be me.

Download photobucket n upload ur pic to it. Then copy the "img" code n paste it here. U can send it to me n I can post it for u if needed.

I'll give ya email or phone #

If you go to more reply options when replying it should give you the option to upload pics right then and there. After you choose file, click attach and it should be on your post.