Fish Finder/gps Suggestions

Tommyboy

Hi all,

I recently bought a new(to me) boat and the finder on it is ancient. I've been shopping around and think I'm sold on the hummingbird helix 7 with navionics. Just thought I'd ask your collective expert opinion as I have never owned or had years of experience with any of the major brands out there. Now keep in mind I want to keep the budget around the same as the helix 7. What are peoples thought on side imaging? Is it worth the next step up in price?

Thanks

Tom

I avoided the Helix and went to the 899 - 2015 model.

Reasons:

I got them for the same price as the Helix (I bought two; cockpit and bow)

899 has way more options/upgrades - iPilot when matched with MinnKota trolling motor

Side Imaging

It was a better unit overall, even though it was a year older. The HELIX does look way nicer and they have a KVD model!

Like Walleyechaser said go see the Rep's as well as the boys at PT's or Marten at GT, all very knowledgeable guys..... As for the Helix haven't heard good things but I do run the 988 Humingbird and had others, very user friendly.....

Good luck....

Cheers Bic....

Give Grimsby Tackle a call or a visit. These guys really know their stuff when it comes to electronics. Trust me on this one.These guys use them and have full knowlege on what they sell.

Archived